Favorite joke...what's yours?

A vegan and a crossfitter walk into a bar. How do I know? Neither of them would shut the fuck up about it.

I read something interesting the other day about why blood mouths always tell this joke // the similar 'how do u know a vegan's at your dinner party' joke. 

Many times in my life i've been minding my own business at whatever food event, and just putting vegetables and the etc on my plate, when someone questions why I don't have meat.  I'll say "I don't eat meat / whatever it is they questioned" and they'll say oh are you vegetarian, and I'll say yes... The questions go from where do you get your protein to I could never be vegan I love cheese too much to don't you miss bacon in a matter of moments.  Then someone will tell the above joke and make it seem like I'm the one at fault.

What I read seemed to suggest that the reason blood mouths always bring this up is because when there are no vegans in the room, everyone eats everything and there is no divide . As soon as someone doesn't eat meat is there, there is all of a sudden a divide in who does or doesn't eat something, and the meat eaters realize that they are consciously making the choice to eat meat and they feel they need to feel defensive over their actions.

I don't know if I completely buy this but it does happen to me a lot......

Since this thread is useless anyways I'm glad to have hijacked it :)

I read something interesting the other day about why blood mouths always tell this joke // the similar 'how do u know a vegan's at your dinner party' joke. 

Many times in my life i've been minding my own business at whatever food event, and just putting vegetables and the etc on my plate, when someone questions why I don't have meat.  I'll say "I don't eat meat / whatever it is they questioned" and they'll say oh are you vegetarian, and I'll say yes... The questions go from where do you get your protein to I could never be vegan I love cheese too much to don't you miss bacon in a matter of moments.  Then someone will tell the above joke and make it seem like I'm the one at fault.

What I read seemed to suggest that the reason blood mouths always bring this up is because when there are no vegans in the room, everyone eats everything and there is no divide . As soon as someone doesn't eat meat is there, there is all of a sudden a divide in who does or doesn't eat something, and the meat eaters realize that they are consciously making the choice to eat meat and they feel they need to feel defensive over their actions.

"Blood Mouth?" - come on, give me a break. That is stupid. Do you find "Breeder" an acceptable put down also?

this is so true. Fucking annoying too. I've been vegan longer than I've been at my job. I go out to lunch with people all the time and a vast majority of people I know have no idea I'm a vegan. The ones that do, sometimes give me shit but the only time I feel the need to "talk about it" is when they spout off bullshit like "you need meat protein" or "cows are bad for the environment". Or my new least favorite thing idiots say, "did you hear? plants have feelings. guess you can't eat plants now!" As time goes on, we end up having more respectful conversations and it's cool. I ate meat most of my life and it took me years to really finally decide to go to a vegan diet, so I don't judge those who do. 

Many times in my life i've been minding my own business at whatever food event, and just putting vegetables and the etc on my plate, when someone questions why I don't have meat. I'll say "I don't eat meat / whatever it is they questioned" and they'll say oh are you vegetarian, and I'll say yes... The questions go from where do you get your protein to I could never be vegan I love cheese too much to don't you miss bacon in a matter of moments. Then someone will tell the above joke and make it seem like I'm the one at fault.

Oh my god, literally nobody cares. We get it, you're above people who eat meat.

Oh my god, literally nobody cares. We get it, you're above people who eat meat.

See, that's the thing... I don't.  I just want to eat my fucking food in peace.  When someone starts talking to me about veganism, I keep things completely civil and one sided until they start being a dick about it.  People who aren't vegan seem to care about it SO MUCH MORE.  I don't understand how my choice not to consume or use animal products is such a big deal to those who do.

It's not a big deal. The point is you ARE the joke.

Someone repeated a well known joke about vegans and crossfitters and you came out of the woodwork with a 3 paragraph post calling out "blood mouths" (side note: fucking lol) and defending your right to eat veggies in peace. You ARE the joke - you get that right?