Black Friday RSD - 2015

Pretty sure they just announced a box set of his first 8-9 albums.

Are you talking about the Five Years box? The problem with this is that it seems to be padded with live tracks (two live LP's), everything has been remastered, except for Ziggy and Aladdin, and Ziggy is the 2003 mix. What I'm looking for, as well as most other people who can't afford the several hundred dollar price tag for original UK pressings, is to go back to the analog masters, and give them the treatment that the Beatles in Mono just got. And I don't need the live albums or a alternate version of songs. I just want decent albums to replace my shitty US RCA pressings from the 70's. And I don't want modernized remasters.

This also holds true for the NIN stuff. So if you're going to reissue NIN, why do PHM which has had a lot of recent pressings? And if you're going to do a box, why are you putting 12" singles which were made for DJ use? Seriously, I have originals of those, they're just extended dance mixes and stuff. Is anyone really clamoring for these? Whereas I know a Broken reissue people would be seriously into, or the later material like With Teeth and The Fragile. But instead we get our time wasted with 12" single reissues.

And why are we getting these lame Kinks 7" singles? This is another band, like Bowie or the Beatles, where not only were the US pressings sonically inferior, but they were also butchered to include hit singles and had the artwork changed. And even when you find a US pressing, it's beat to shit. Why have we not had proper album reissues?

There are also very few indie releases anymore. One of the things that made RSD special was that Ty Segall would put out an EP of T.Rex covers, you'd get it, and actually listen to it because it was cool. Now it's Joan Jett basement demos (who cares?), Lynard Skynard live albums from 1996 (????), and Linda Ronstadt LP's. This list reads like a bad joke.

Are you talking about the Five Years box? The problem with this is that it seems to be padded with live tracks (two live LP's), everything has been remastered, except for Ziggy and Aladdin, and Ziggy is the 2003 mix. What I'm looking for, as well as most other people who can't afford the several hundred dollar price tag for original UK pressings, is to go back to the analog masters, and give them the treatment that the Beatles in Mono just got. And I don't need the live albums or a alternate version of songs. I just want decent albums to replace my shitty US RCA pressings from the 70's. And I don't want modernized remasters.

This also holds true for the NIN stuff. So if you're going to reissue NIN, why do PHM which has had a lot of recent pressings? And if you're going to do a box, why are you putting 12" singles which were made for DJ use? Seriously, I have originals of those, they're just extended dance mixes and stuff. Is anyone really clamoring for these? Whereas I know a Broken reissue people would be seriously into, or the later material like With Teeth and The Fragile. But instead we get our time wasted with 12" single reissues.

And why are we getting these lame Kinks 7" singles? This is another band, like Bowie or the Beatles, where not only were the US pressings sonically inferior, but they were also butchered to include hit singles and had the artwork changed. And even when you find a US pressing, it's beat to shit. Why have we not had proper album reissues?

There are also very few indie releases anymore. One of the things that made RSD special was that Ty Segall would put out an EP of T.Rex covers, you'd get it, and actually listen to it because it was cool. Now it's Joan Jett basement demos (who cares?), Lynard Skynard live albums from 1996 (????), and Linda Ronstadt LP's. This list reads like a bad joke.

Little angry this morning? Calm down dude its just records

I can officially say, "easy pass." I'm not even being a jerk or trying to be funny. I'm not touching any of that stuff.

Now all they need to do is throw up a 12" Deja single in a ziplock bag and watch the world burn.

12" single-sided Tautou single in a Ziploc bag, the name of the single hand-scribbled in Sharpie by a Jesse Lacey impersonator.