Black Friday RSD - 2015

A threat isn't something presented as fact, it's a category by itself. "Everything" presented as a fact on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt unless you've got a reason to believe otherwise. Why do we believe Travis when he says a release is happening? Because he has a good track record and has proven his trustworthiness. Why do I trust hoosierbrad when he says he was raped? Though I'm skeptical, I'm leaning towards belief because he's a regular member of the boards who has given me no reason not to believe him.

You're going against what you said before, which was:

I don't think he's questioning because of a rape claim, I think it's because people lie on the internet all the time. You're kinda supposed to assume everything on the internet is false.

In which you said that you should assume that everything is false. Taking something with a grain of salt and assuming it false are not the same thing. As I said before,regardless of what you may think, it takes it a step further to actually doubt someone. Mighty white of you, though, "leaning towards belief". Too bad your entire argument is based on justifying someone who did question it.

Nor should it is excuse them if they doubt you.

I can honestly say I wouldn't expect anyone to believe me in that situation. If I wanted to legit talk about something like that, there's a right way to go about it. Trying to use it as an excuse like he did makes nobody think he's legit. There's no way you can't see that point

You're going against what you said before, which was:

In which you said that you should assume that everything is false. Taking something with a grain of salt and assuming it false are not the same thing. As I said before,regardless of what you may think, it takes it a step further to actually doubt someone. Mighty white of you, though, "leaning towards belief".

Maybe I wasn't explicit enough with my first post, but I had hoped to convey that "everything should be taken as false until proven otherwise/unless you have reason to believe it".

Maybe I wasn't explicit enough with my first post, but I had hoped to convey that "everything should be taken as false until proven otherwise/unless you have reason to believe it".

I'm still a Nigerian prince though, and if you believe the rape victim you're obliged to believe me. And follow my royal decrees

I can honestly say I wouldn't expect anyone to believe me in that situation. If I wanted to legit talk about something like that, there's a right way to go about it. Trying to use it as an excuse like he did makes nobody think he's legit. There's no way you can't see that point

So you're saying that there's a right way (and wrong way, then, if there is a right way) to go about putting something like that out there, and you know that better than a rape survivor?

So you're saying that there's a right way (and wrong way, then, if there is a right way) to go about putting something like that out there, and you know that better than a rape survivor?

Let me revise my first statement into what I should have said. I definitely worded it incorrectly. Here we go:

I'm sorry to hear that you were raped. That must have been a traumatic experience for you and I sympathize greatly.

However, your rape has nothing to do with whether or not the word rape should be used in a context which signifies anything except for an actual sexual assault. Again, apologies. I hope that you are getting the help that you need to cope with your rape, and that your rapist is brought to justice.

I'm not a man to say I never make mistakes. So after thinking about it, Billy, you're correct. I should not have questioned the validity of his claim.

That said, I am able to sympathize and believe someone while still holding a healthy skepticism. It's called critical thinking, and it's a skill so many in the world these days lack. Again, I apologize for questioning the claim, that was wrong, but in the moment I was unable to correctly say what I should have.

You can't possibly tell me you think this would be the ideal way to go about talking about something like this.

What's the hardest thing about being a pedophile?

Fitting in

> Rezqua, that's tasteless

No, it's okay, I was molested.

> oh, okay, seems legit. I'm sorry.

No, that's totally someone trying to make excuses for being shitty. Or if they were legitimately raped, it still isn't an excuse to be shitty about/make rape jokes. It's still shitty

That isn't what you said, though. Adding words to the end of a sentence to directly contradict the point doesn't mean the same thing. Again, what you said was:

I don't think he's questioning because of a rape claim, I think it's because people lie on the internet all the time. You're kinda supposed to assume everything on the internet is false.

One is supposed (in italics for emphasis) to assume that everything is false. With a period. End of point. You can back-pedal all you want, but that isn't what you said.

Only thing I ever bought was the office space shirt. Had a shotgunator, but it wasn't the SH one.

Still have a Suburban Home Shotgunanator and a "do it with a vinyl collector...they have 12"s" bumper sticker.........and the entire first volume of the UTI 7"s...most of which I don't even care about

Dom's, I know you want to get in on this, but he's right. What I did was wrong. I misworded what I should have said and while it's ok to hold skepticism, you really shouldn't question a rape survivor no matter how strange the timing or wording of their claim. See my post above for full thoughts.

Dom's, I know you want to get in on this, but he's right. What I did was wrong. I misworded what I should have said and while it's ok to hold skepticism, you really shouldn't question a rape survivor no matter how strange the timing or wording of their claim. See my post above for full thoughts.

I saw your post, but I can't help but not see the same change of heart--you can't believe everything you hear just because it's a serious topic. I'm not going to stand here and say I don't believe him, because I have no reason not to. It's just, well...anyone can lie about serious stuff on the internet, y'know?

That isn't what you said, though. Adding words to the end of a sentence to directly contradict the point doesn't mean the same thing. Again, what you said was:

One is supposed (in italics for emphasis) to assume that everything is false. With a period. End of point. You can back-pedal all you want, but that isn't what you said.

I'm not adding words to contradict anything, I added them to make my intentions more explicit. There's nothing wrong with skepticism over something on the internet. There's nothing wrong with skepticism in general. 

To avoid WW3, I won't say I don't believe him, but I will say that if he isn't lying it's shitty to try to justify behavior how he did.

Of all places for this to happen, not surprised it was the RSD thread XD

Give it a fucking rest, you're all wrong on some level.

hoosier shouldn't speak so flippantly about rape, museummouth and Barnaby Jones shouldn't be the PC police (you're not going to change the world on a fucking vinyl forum), Rezqua and Doman, just chill out. 

Fucking hell. Let this thread get back to that Flaming Lips bullshit.