Black Friday RSD - 2015

So that Beck Dreams that was up at Sly Vinyl the other day is the same thing that's being released for Black Friday?  

My cool Beck story: https://instagram.com/p/37ishwkkdv/

Cutting that shrink wrap was painful.  If it hadn't ended up a gold copy I probably had cried.  For just a minute because it's still a great record.

So that Beck Dreams that was up at Sly Vinyl the other day is the same thing that's being released for Black Friday?

My cool Beck story: https://instagram.com/p/37ishwkkdv/

Cutting that shrink wrap was painful. If it hadn't ended up a gold copy I probably had cried. For just a minute because it's still a great record.

So you had no intention of playing the record?

I think what he was getting at was "the suspense of whether or not this will be a gold copy is painful".

I don't think so. I think what she was saying is that she wasn't going to open it until someone told her it may be a gold copy. That was the whole reason she opened it.

I had every intention of playing it.  I never thought I'd get a sealed copy, though.  With an album that old/popular, what were the chances?  I made several attempts to cut the shrink and didn't. I'm like that about sealed packages no matter what I'm opening.  I was one of those kids at Christmas that opens up gifts by carefully pulling the tape up until someone screamed at me.

I had every intention of playing it. I never thought I'd get a sealed copy, though. With an album that old/popular, what were the chances? I made several attempts to cut the shrink and didn't. I'm like that about sealed packages no matter what I'm opening. I was one of those kids at Christmas that opens up gifts by carefully pulling the tape up until someone screamed at me.

I've never understood this, but to each their own.

First thing I do whenever I get a record, sealed or otherwise is open it up, clean it, play it, catalogue it, put it up until I want to play it again.

First thing I do whenever I get a record, sealed or otherwise is open it up, clean it, play it, catalogue it, put it up until I want to play it again.

All of my records get played.  Not necessarily in the order I acquire them, but I never purchase anything I'm not interested in hearing.  I don't own a hell of a lot of rare items so there was a bit of coveting going on as well.  But as I said earlier, it wasn't a matter of wanting to keep it sealed.  I just have issues cutting a perfectly sealed package and it has nothing to do with it being a record.  I'm also one of those people who keeps the protective film on screens and things.  

All of my records get played. Not necessarily in the order I acquire them, but I never purchase anything I'm not interested in hearing. I don't own a hell of a lot of rare items so there was a bit of coveting going on as well. But as I said earlier, it wasn't a matter of wanting to keep it sealed. I just have issues cutting a perfectly sealed package and it has nothing to do with it being a record. I'm also one of those people who keeps the protective film on screens and things.

What are yo? A Nightmare Hippie Girl?

Man, it takes me years to get to some records.  Nothing gets filed away until it gets listened to though.

I think what she was getting at was "the suspense of whether or not this will be a gold copy is painful".

Edit: My bad  :wacko:

No worries.  I mean that part was painful but in a good way.  I was pretty stoked to peek inside the sleeve and see gold light reflected against it.  FWIW I catalog my records to discogs immediately, but I have a section in my storage dedicated to new records I want to listen to.  They don't get filed until I spin them at least once.  I'm just not in the mood for some of them the moment I get my hands on them.  

Guero, Odelay, Mellow Gold and Midnite Vultures would be excellent to see repressed, Really wish I hadn't slept on the Odelay box that came out like 4 or 5 years back, it was pricey :(

I found the Odelay box on Amoeba's website for $75 during one of their 15% off weekends. It was the quickest record purchase I ever made.

I found the Odelay box on Amoeba's website for $75 during one of their 15% off weekends. It was the quickest record purchase I ever made.

Good price, I was more focused on buying used at that point in my collecting.So many records I should have bought in hindsight during that period

NO MORE REISSUES. FOR FUCKS SAKE. GODDAMMIT PISS FUCK SHIT.

tumblr_mpp6jhFw8U1sp6qtuo1_250.gif  -  what I thought when I read it  ;)

Joking aside, can't a man get some Midnite Vultures and The Information reissues?  A nice, basic black.  That's it.  That's all I want from Beck.

Release the reissues on a different day.  Not RSD, and not BF