Deafheaven - New Bermuda

just got this promising mail for KRM:

We've received word from the vinyl pressing plant that the Deafheaven New Bermuda Black Deluxe 2xLP will not be ready until mid October. We expect to ship all orders by the third week of October. Unfortunately, in the current world of vinyl production, this can happen and is completely out of our hands.

Concurrent with our policies, we will not be shipping any partial orders. All orders will be shipped complete when we receive the records. We appreciate your understanding and your patience. If you have any questions, contact our customer support team at [email protected] and they will be happy to assist you. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
ANTI- & Kings Road Merch Europe
[email protected]

fuck this shit, I'll listen to the stream..

Gifts For The Earth is taking me a while to get into. Not sure why.

Rest of the album is legit though. A lot of it feels like they've hit into the "modern black metal" thing with polished groups like Dimmu Borgir and Enthroned and stuff like that, from Europe, but then they go into their clean grooves and everything is perfect.

This album is way too short, though. It's over far too fast. They're just making me want more now. Grrrr!

I love the "it's out of our hands" excuse. It's totally in your hands, knowing that "in the current current world of vinyl production, this can happen" you can eliminate the lengthy delay and disappointment by not putting the album up for pre-order months in advance of the release date.

This is happening now with PO after PO and the labels continuously act as though they were caught off guard.

I know what I'm getting into with these PO's nowadays so I'm not surprised at all, but come on, don't act as though you didn't see this delay coming.

I love the "it's out of our hands" excuse. It's totally in your hands, knowing that "in the current current world of vinyl production, this can happen" you can eliminate the lengthy delay and disappointment by not putting the album up for pre-order months in advance of the release date.

This is happening now with PO after PO and the labels continuously act as though they were caught off guard.

I know what I'm getting into with these PO's nowadays so I'm not surprised at all, but come on, don't act as though you didn't see this delay coming.

So if they put it up 2 weeks ago versus months ago this would be any different how?

The CD and digital release is OCT 2. A label has to promote the release ahead of time. Nobody is going to wait for a vinyl record in their hands to announce a release date of an album. They are trying to combat leaking and illegal downloads. Having you pre order guarantees money to fuel the machine.

So if they put it up 2 weeks ago versus months ago this would be any different how?

The CD and digital release is OCT 2. A label has to promote the release ahead of time. Nobody is going to wait for a vinyl record in their hands to announce a release date of an album. They are trying to combat leaking and illegal downloads. Having you pre order guarantees money to fuel the machine.

That's about right. ANTI is not at fault here. Still it's frustrating that drastic delays are this frequent nowadays. 

Last night I tried to give it a shot w/ the NPR stream...had to stop maybe 10 minutes in...couldn't listen to it well enough and high-enough volume to piss off the neighbors as my mother was napping (she's been very ill lately) and didn't want to wake her up.

Hoping actually for it to stream in full in Apple Music or even Spotify...more reliable stream.

Is a 2xlp "deluxe" the only thing avail

I wouldn't mind a single LP of this

3 sides with 10 mins of music or 1 song is a pain

There's a lot of variants, but all of them are 2xLP.

As a single LP either side a or b had to offer 28min of music.

I do wish it was put onto three sides instead of four though..

Cry me a fucking river.

Last night I gave the album two back-to-back listens and I think this album is fantastic and deserves more recognition than Sunbather.

Whether or not I like it more than Sunbather, though, is up in the air. At the moment I like New Bermuda more, but that could be leftover excitement from there being a new album in the first place.

This album might polarize the Sunbather fans, though. The album goes for almost an entirely different feel.

Who gives a fuck? He obviously wasn't being directly talking about gay people with the use of that word. Nobody uses that word to actually refer to gay people. At least that's the case where I live/grew up. Gay people are cool. Faggots aren't gay people. That is the classical definition, yes, but noooobody uses it in that context any more, and if they do, they're stupid and lame.

Anyway, this is a pathetic excuse for news.

Who gives a fuck? He obviously wasn't being directly talking about gay people with the use of that word. Nobody uses that word to actually refer to gay people. At least that's the case where I live/grew up. Gay people are cool. Faggots aren't gay people. That is the classical definition, yes, but noooobody uses it in that context any more, and if they do, they're stupid and lame.

thanks for the info. I will start calling people faggots as an insult now, and when they get offended and tell me I'm being a piece of shit, I'll say, "Hey, I'm not actually calling you gay, chill out!!!".

Anyway, chances are he's not still calling people faggots. At least I hope so. At this point, since it has become public, and he should probably address it, a genuine apology, that is, if he actually regrets using that language, would be fine by most people I'm sure. I was 13 once, and I was an idiot. I called stuff "gay" all the time without realizing how offensive it was. I realized that it was offensive, inappropriate, and really fucking ignorant and stupid, so I stopped. That being said, he was a grown ass man 4 years ago.