Deafheaven - New Bermuda

I don't actually care about color or availability /XXX though, I just wanted the record with the deluxe packaging...which, I could have had in my hand today, but instead I'll be waiting for who knows how long.

If you absolutely want it now, it shouldn't be too difficult to cancel your KRM order and just pick up a copy in store.  That's what a lot of other folks have done, anyway.

I waited three years for The Flaming Tsunamis Externalities. After all that I didn't even get sent the limited variant, but I am happy they actually came through. How long are you Old Canes backers up to?

Old Canes will be 5 years on the 17th. I've got my calendar marked and everything. That's not really a preorder situation though, those Old Canes records just aren't happening.

So..... Kings road just replied to me saying that the vinyl won't start shipping from the plant until January 15th. So that means a February arrival if we don't get a 7th delay announcement.....

this makes my blood boil because they sent a message 2 months ago saying they were IN HAND and shipping. Also why don't record labels do pre orders once they are in hand and ready to ship? why the whole 8 months out thing? 

Holy shit. I'm still perplexed by why some variants are held up and others aren't. Are KRM just tugging on their dicks over there? – there's been all the Euro copies. Black deluxe copies. Purple band copies. Blue indie copies. Are the remaining variants on a whole separate press? It'd be ironically frustrating if they were pressed on inferior plates or something, and sounded shoddy despite the wait. I'd legitimately love to know the story behind the ball being dropped for these 3 variants, specifically.

this makes my blood boil because they sent a message 2 months ago saying they were IN HAND and shipping. Also why don't record labels do pre orders once they are in hand and ready to ship? why the whole 8 months out thing?

This delay is ridiculous but labels do pre-orders to help fund the release and gauge interest. Wouldn't really make sense to wait til they have them because that's just an order at that point.