Deafheaven - New Bermuda

I got so pissed with Anti-'s faffing I cancelled my deluxe and picked up a bog standard 180gram black copy for under £20. I don't know how it could have gone so wrong, think it definitely feels more of a severe let down as they used to be on Deathwish who are always so on point they show most labels up.

Considering the mockup had a cool blue-in-blue (possible haze or swirl) snazzy effect going on – and it took half a fucking year to find out that it's just a generic opaque blue – I'd say it's pretty dumb, yeah.

Come on, now. Most people here having been buying records at least long enough to know that mockups aren't always accurate. They said the record would be blue and, lo and behold, it's blue. I agree the pre-order was a complete and utter joke. it shouldn't have taken that long and the canned responses from customer service was insulting but that's really whats at the heart of people's annoyance. If it arrived on time, I don't think anyone would even care and those that do would probably get panned for caring what their colored vinyl looks like.

Come on, now. Most people here having been buying records at least long enough to know that mockups aren't always accurate. They said the record would be blue and, lo and behold, it's blue. I agree the pre-order was a complete and utter joke. it shouldn't have taken that long and the canned responses from customer service was insulting but that's really whats at the heart of people's annoyance. If it arrived on time, I don't think anyone would even care and those that do would probably get panned for caring what their colored vinyl looks like.

Yeah, there have been several threads lately where people have voiced their distaste with mockups.  I know as well as you or anyone else that they're not always 100% accurate, but I was just hoping for something a bit cooler that'd warrant such a delay, you know?  There is literally nothing that can be considered fancy about that "pale blue" variant, outside of the fact that's among the rarer variants of the press.  It looks like so many run-of-the-mill "junk" marble-opaque records.  I don't know.  I just really wanted to believe, I guess, and I'm struggling to determine why on earth it was delayed so much.