Deafheaven - New Bermuda

I got my CD, but haven't fucking gotten the vinyl yet. This is annoying.

I'm glad I like this album, though. It's still no Sunbather, and you can tell with the songwriting that they were rushed to get the stuff finished, but its still got great shit.

The end of "Come Back" is probably my favorite part so far, and "Gifts For The Earth" is just tremendous.

Still not into that chugging bridge/outro section in "Baby Blue" despite the rest of that song being fucking BRILLIANT.

Picked this up at a local store on black vinyl. Was pretty glad about that. The album is good. I have to give Sunbather another shot because this is my first Deafheaven album. I continue to be intrigued and come back to streaming their stuff but never quite got deep enough to purchase any vinyl of theirs til now. I like the album but definitely have to listen to it more.

People who dig Deafheaven should take some time to check out Wolves in the Throne Room. They were doing it before Deafheaven and would appeal to the same audience. 

Come on...there were bands "doing it" even before Wolves in the Throne Room, but it 's really not the point.

People who dig Deafheaven should take some time to check out Wolves in the Throne Room. They were doing it before Deafheaven and would appeal to the same audience. 

WITTR is fucking great. Two Hunters is the one I always listen to. I like Deafheaven's take on the style a little more, because they get a little more beautiful and clean with those post-rock leads and clean grooves. WITTR is more straight up black metal. Still fucking awesome though.

Everyone should listen to them.