Deafheaven - New Bermuda

I feel like Anti-/Epitaph screwed the pooch a bit here.  I know that they can't control vinyl pressing times, but they're also not new to pressing records either.  I'm still receiving most of my preorders very close to the estimated date.  Seems like if there weren't a dozen different variants, then a lot more people would have received them closer to on-time. 

To me, It has felt for a long while that the pre-ordered records are their lowest priority. Anti/Kingsroad already have our money, so they hurried to get the band's tour copies and retail copies out the door. There is no need to hustle when they've been paid this far in advance. I haven't felt any sense of urgency from Anti/Kingsroad since the initial delay and their, "Hey what can we do? It's out of our hands." response. Every other label has been able to anticipate plant delays and plan accordingly. They were certainly able to plan far enough in advance for the retail version to hit stores without this extreme of a delay.

I got beat up when I first said this quite a few pages back now and I'm sure I'll get it again, but I just don't feel like they (Anti/Kingsroad) have taken any responsibility for these delays and I do not feel as though they are doing their best to get this into our hands.

I got beat up when I first said this quite a few pages back now and I'm sure I'll get it again, but I just don't feel like they (Anti/Kingsroad) have taken any responsibility for these delays and I do not feel as though they are doing their best to get this into our hands.

I agree with you.  Going forward, I'm just going retail or EU with them.  I'd much rather have a record in my hands on time than my choice of color.

Something I find amusing is that when they first announced signing to Anti-, I asked a friend of mine who I knew was into the label's catalog and had a few of their releases, if the label went variant crazy. He told me that no, they don't. Usually one or two variants max for their releases. 

Boy, did he goof up in that assumption with this clusterfuck New Bermuda has become. 

Something I find amusing is that when they first announced signing to Anti-, I asked a friend of mine who I knew was into the label's catalog and had a few of their releases, if the label went variant crazy. He told me that no, they don't. Usually one or two variants max for their releases. 

Boy, did he goof up in that assumption with this clusterfuck New Bermuda has become. 

I feel like this is because Anti- knows DH fans go crazy over variants and they wanted to take advantage of that, irony at its finest.

Just picking some artists I know on Anti-/Epitaph on discogs and I'm seeing 6-9 variants for a lot of them.  That latest Defeater album has a ton of variants.