Deafheaven - New Bermuda

This delay is ridiculous but labels do pre-orders to help fund the release and gauge interest. Wouldn't really make sense to wait til they have them because that's just an order at that point.

that would make sense only if they would cancel the release if pre orders were low. I am positive that they would have not canceled it if pre orders were low, so they weren't using it to fund it. 

Unsurprisingly, I'll have the Converge live box set in hand before the Deafheaven record. So DW was able to organize a Blu-ray, a box, a book, a slip mat, a double LP, and more, while starting their pre-order months after Kingsroad did the Deafheaven PO. DW was also able to provide (what all Internet evidence points to be) an accurate shipping date. I refuse to believe Kingsroad really couldn't have predicted this delay. They took your money and made the smaller variants the lowest priority because either you'll just cancel it and buy another Deafheaven record (from them), or wait, complain, get it months late, and do it all over again next time they release a record that they know will sell. Oh, and the rare variants everyone has cancelled will show up in June after being discovered "cleaning out the wherehouse" for $40 each.

I'm through with Kingsroad. I'll buy a less sexy variant from a more honest retailer next time.

The deluxe lavender is the same one that Juan took pictures of, right? I'm just going to assume it is. So many confusing variants for this release. It's all kinds of fucked up.

It is.  I don't know why that hype sticker advertises lavender – it's definitely a translucent purple with some sweet swirling / wisps.

And just because they are a bigger label doesn't mean they weren't using the pre-order to fund the release (either by necessity or choice).

And size absolutely matters, I am just referencing that I have never seen a pre order from a larger label canceled due to lack of pre orders. A great example is the 'Seven sisters of Sleep' from Relapse, the 300 limited version is still available and its been around for about a month now. That will get presses regardless. Also think of RED FANG last album, pre orders of that were dogshit and almost every single variant of that record is still available totaling about 20K records. Pre orders for that definitely did not fund it, and it sure as hell wasn't a indicator to cancel the release also. I have only seen the inverse AKA hottopic, saying they are pressing 500, having the album sell really well, then pressing more. I have never seen a label/band say they are pressing X amount, pre orders suck, then cancel or drop the number.

I wouldn't go bashing anti in favor of deathwish as far as the move. anti has the power to get them bigger shows, I think, as evidenced by the anthrax/lamb of god tour. I don't disagree that it's odd the way this pressing has rolled out. Totally awesome to finally get that record in the mail, though.

I'm sure they'll really captivate the audience at a LOG show.