PO Now: Sigur Ros "Takk" Repress

Just so everybody knows.....August 28th is not the street date for either Sigur Rós title. Not certain where stores got that street date from (I assume there was a mixup in the solicitation emails or something), but it was never the street date for these. Earliest is sometime next month (September). Just so nobody is sitting around waitin at the end of this month.....not even certain we'll have them in the warehouse by then.

Yeah, Bull Moose has changed release date to 12/31/15 but in the description says Street Date TBD. 

Again, order online if you wish, but if you have an Indepesent Record Store anywhere near you that you frequent....just ask them to order copies from ThinkIndie Distro. Keep your stores alive and save money on shipping

this.  The number of people I see on here ordering from online shops (amazon especially!) just to save a couple bucks or to preorder a title that will be widely available is always a sad thing to see.  Indie shops need our support, I love my store.. i go there  a few times a week to check out the new/used inventory and have pulled some gems out of there.  Yeah, i order online from time to time, but only if its limited and my shop won't/can't get it in.

rant over.

Again, order online if you wish, but if you have an Indepesent Record Store anywhere near you that you frequent....just ask them to order copies from ThinkIndie Distro. Keep your stores alive and save money on shipping

I would, but I live in NYC and the prices in record stores here tend to be much higher than online cause NYC.

Of course online is cheaper, the amount of overhead is substantially less in an online store. To keep the lights on in a brick & mortar  they are going to have to mark them up higher or music isn't what's keeping the doors open (boutique, smoking accessories, adult films (anything you can mark up double or more). You also get the benefit of a potentially interesting conversation with fellow collectors/music enthusiasts, discovering new music over the loud speakers, and who knows what else you might stumble upon thumbing through the racks. I only use online to find needles in a haystack or buy exclusives through labels. So much of the appeal of vinyl to me is the treasure hunt, something that online sucks all the fun out of. Yeah it was nice to finally win that Jets To Brazil auction, but it wasn't as satisfying as stumbling on to "Modern Guilt" at Black & Read, despite the album being less important to me personally. I think so many could benefit from spending an extra couple hours and bucks and going to your local. I promise it will diversify your tastes (most of  your dead formats have some combination of the same 30 bands!)

I love my local shop and spend plenty of money there but a few others around me charge over list so they don't get my business.  I order online often as well when i fear something going out of print or over 30% less than in the store.  I already told told my local store that I would never buy an import from them (especially Music On Vinyl label) because they have to charge $35 - $40 for a single disc and $45 - $50 for 2LP when I can get them shipped for around $22 online and she understands that - she still gets a few  in because some people buy them from her. Plus I'm not really huge on people telling me how to spend my money - I am thoughtful enough about it on my own without outside input.  I'm just saying i understand going online in certain situations.

Thanks a bunch for all that info birdwell!

Unfortunately that doesn't really make it any easier for most Europeans I guess. :(

Either buying an expensive imported copy or waiting for a possible European batch isn't really that awesome.

However, there are signs that a European batch isn't that impossible.

I wasn't really lucky in finding out more about Krunk, the label which is doing the repress, they don't seem to have any online presence but while searching for clues I stumbled over the listing for the upcoming OST LP "Circe", which is a side project of two Sigur Ros members and will apparently also be released on that label. This will be shipped from England. So one may conclude that a European batch-

WHOA BREAKING NEWS WHILE WRITING, THE PO IS UP ON THE SIGUR ROS ONLINE STORE

Unfortunately it's still expensive as f*ck.

edit: Alright. According to the info on the website Circe is being shipped from the UK, Takk.. however from the US but it looks like both are being released on Krunk. I don't know what to make of this.

Shipping to Germany is 23€. Nope. Not cool at all.