PO Now: Sigur Ros "Takk" Repress

Well shit... It was brought to my attention by Bullmoose today (for another order) that my credit card had been declined. The reason for this is because I had placed an order at the time with a now expired credit card.

This then made me realize that I had also placed my order for Sigur Ros - Takk with the same (now expired) credit card. Referring to the other order, they told me that in order for my order to go through, I'd have to cancel and reorder it and that I just can't edit/update my credit card info.

Which brings me to this: I'm pretty much fucked out of this release now right? It's sold out at Bullmoose so I can't just cancel and reorder it. I emailed them and asked if there was some way around this, but I'm waiting to hear back...

this has happened to me with bullmoose on a limited release. they'll usually cancel your order and create a placeholder item for the same price and ask you to order that with a direct link. 

Well shit... It was brought to my attention by Bullmoose today (for another order) that my credit card had been declined. The reason for this is because I had placed an order at the time with a now expired credit card.

This then made me realize that I had also placed my order for Sigur Ros - Takk with the same (now expired) credit card. Referring to the other order, they told me that in order for my order to go through, I'd have to cancel and reorder it and that I just can't edit/update my credit card info.

Which brings me to this: I'm pretty much fucked out of this release now right? It's sold out at Bullmoose so I can't just cancel and reorder it. I emailed them and asked if there was some way around this, but I'm waiting to hear back...

The same thing has happened to me with Bullmoose before. They set up a "fake" transaction for the same amount the original order was for that you pay for using your new card information. Then they transfer it over to your original order and cancel the fake transaction. So I'm guessing you should be O.K. on this one but you'll have to see how they respond.

Can confirm that if you re-order with Bull Moose, they hold your place in line--this happened to me with the Vinyl Films boxset, and I received my order. As Birdwell said, you'll only be screwed if they don't get enough to fulfill orders and you weren't in after the cutoff.

You could always ask your local Indepdent record store to order it for you....BullMoose doesn't know how many of this title they're getting.

Try talking to your local Indepdent Record Store....tell them to order it from ThinkIndie Distro

I see why you are saying that, and for US customers that might be the better (or the best) option in the end.

Over here in Germany, prices seem to go a little steeper for the import though - I asked my local shop and they said they estimate that the price (if they get copies, that is) will be about 90€, which is around double the price the Amazon.com import was for me (I see that it's not guaranteed they will get copies anyway, but since I simply can't afford to pay much higher prices, it's basically this or nothing for me).

That's very odd. Usually they have local European distribution (for example, try ordering almost anything else outside of the Takk reissue) that comes from the UK. Heck, they even had a place in Montreal for Canadian shipments. 

This must be pressed in the US and they a distributing them all from their distribution warehouse in Charleston I assume. 

Pressed at The Vinyl Factory in the U.K. distributed by ThinkIndie Distribution in Birmingham, AL

Woah, then why ship the entire webstore allotment to the US to then ship a bunch back across seas at extra cost? Oh wait, nevermind, forgot how everyone outside the US is supposed to pay ridiculous shipping fees ;)

Also, another option for those looking to purchase this. It appears this may be in the VMP webstore for December at $39 USD, a steal if you ask me. I'm still holding out hope on my .ca preorder, but moreso for my local store who said they would hold a copy for me. 

Thanks for all you help and condescension Birdwell

A ton of vinyl lovers are consistently pooched because of international shipping due to 'how the music industry works' so I apologize for our frustration and appreciate you telling us that's just the way it is. 

Boooooooo. Don't be such a turd, dude.

People were asking questions and birdwell answered them. Just because you didn't like the answer doesn't mean you have to be a jerk. He isn't the one who made things the way they are, and he has been pretty damn helpful for the entirety of this thread (and his tenure here on the forum).

Boooooooo. Don't be such a turd, dude.

People were asking questions and birdwell answered them. Just because you didn't like the answer doesn't mean you have to be a jerk. He isn't the one who made things the way they are, and he has been pretty damn helpful for the entirety of this thread (and his tenure here on the forum).

What question was this remark answering?

"Clearly nobody here has a grasp on how the business side of the music industry works....regardless of which country or continent it occurs in"

Either way, you are right in that birdwell has been helpful. I'll shut it. 

Back to Takk!

Basically, your frustrations, while understandable, are misguided.

Birdwell, apologies for the snarky remark. I wasn't in a great place yesterday and was rude. I do appreciate your insight from behind the belly of the beast. 

Next time I'll aim my snarkiness at the US and Canadian governments. Seriously... 0.76 cents on the dollar!?

Really excited about this Takk repress, I see it popping up in more places so this must be getting a decent distribution, 

Apology accepted. I apologize if I came across rude....I just feel like a lot factors get overlooked when people start gett miffed at shipping prices.

No problem at all. I think I get overly defensive when I hear US customers complain about shipping given I live a few miles from the border but often pay upwards of 30% more for a record because the shipping costs. Add in the conversion to Canadian dollars and a lot of albums I purchase through pre-orders or direct from a label end up costing me close to $40-50.

Heck, I just grabbed the two exclusive pressing from Vinyl Me, Please for Ben Webster's Stormy Weather and LNT - B&S and each one cost me $50 a piece. It's up to me to actually purchase these items, but damn if it isn't frustrating and grating on the wallet!

That's why I often turn to Amazon.ca or some of the resellers on Amazon.ca for preorders of larger pressings. But for items like Takk I try to go right to my local store to see if they can scoop it up for me. 

I really can't believe this pressing is happening. I definitely thought I'd have to wait a bit longer to see this given the love that was given for ( ) and AB recently. 

( ) isn't (supposed to be) going out to customers yet....

I don't know for certain, but I wouldn't be surprised if another pressing of Takk shows up not terribly long after this US pressing is finally out. For the record I don't know anything, just speculating

( ) is sitting in my local shop on the shelf :)  if I didnt have a few headed my way i'd grab it.  foiled again by trying to cover my ass and ordering from multiple shops.