PO Now: Sigur Ros "Takk" Repress

He said that they ship more product to TTL. I think that the reason he was curious is because everyone is mentioning one store that gets a large allotment but not the other. I think that it is a fair question to have.

I think people addressed that though, it's the customer service and reliability that Bullmoose offers :)

I've yet to use Bull Moose points for anything, but...

I'm simply trying to figure out why everybody on here is all about BM.

• Reliable: 100% delivery / pull-through ratio for anything I've ever pre-ordered, personally.

• Very good about removing listings as soon as their allotted quantities are ordered; no surprises.

• Excellent mailers.  I've made a dozen+ BM orders and they've all arrived in immaculate shape.

• No tax.  This is huge.

• Free shipping on orders of $25 and over.

• Competitive pricing – usually even cheaper than Amazon.

• Won't charge you until it the product is in hand, and shipped.

• Super friendly, timely, and reliable customer service.

My nearest record shop is about 25 minutes out, and the selection is grim.  Anything worth picking up probably requires a 2 hour drive to Sacramento at the very least.  The best selection I encounter, physically, is in San Francisco – and even then, I easily save money going through Bull Moose instead of dealing with Amoeba's markup.  Their selection is so broad that it's very easy for me to tack on an extra LP or PO to break $25 and qualify for free shipping.  Especially when everything is so reasonably priced.

I'm not trying to advertise for BM by any means, but they've got my business for the reasons above, and I'm pretty comfortable giving them my loyalty until they do something to lose it.

These two posts above are the responses I wanted. So the BM points are real and not some goofy message board thing. And the response about specifics. I assumed there was decent reason people used them.

Done with this now that I've got my answers.

Hope everyone enjoys their Takk. This pressing sounds fantastic.

The BM points, I believe, can be used for a discount of sorts – I've yet to utilize them, and it's a pretty minimal saving, I'm sure.  But I guess it's something.  For what it's worth, I think I've ordered from TTL once or twice and had decent luck.  They've gotten me a few RSD-exclusives shortly after RSD, if I recall.  I have no qualms with them at all.  I just think BM is the cheaper option that I'm more familiar with.

Also, it's the little things.  I think the last CHVRCHES record changed the variant they were shipping to Bull Moose, and the newest Deafheaven album keeps getting pushed back.  In both instances, BM has been quick to send e-mails to communicate the changes to their customers, and reminded them that they're able to easily cancel their order if they weren't happy with the last-second developments.  That's night-and-day different than zero communication and restricting refunds to store credit, like another "label" / distro around these here parts.

[edit]

And, yes; that last bit is fantastic news.  For as long as a lot of us have been waiting for this repress, I'd be pretty bummed if the sound quality was hit-and-miss (and took extra headaches to sort through), a la (  ).

Actually it hadn't been previously outlined until the post by Ryan or Derek above.

Not sure who pissed in your Cheerios today kiddo

Probably shouldn't refer to your elders as kiddo ;)  You pissed in my cheerios.  "if these are the new "scene-points"/"punk-points", I'm going to laugh to myself (at you) and carry on with my day"  In the time it took you to type that snide remark, you could have visited the Bullmoose website and discovered what they are for yourself. I guess it'd be easier to wait around all day for someone on a message board to clarify this for you?

Took me two seconds to google this, and it was the first link in the search:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bullmoose+points