PO Now: Sigur Ros "Takk" Repress

Yeah, it's easily the set of the bunch that I was most excited for. I have no idea why I haven't grabbed it yet – I think it was announced so far in advance that my hype just kind of tapered, and I've been able to take a breath and scope out the best deal at this point. Soon. Very soon.

Same thing happened to me. I listen to Unwound nearly daily and have picked up the box at the store, thought about buying it and then put it back for another day. Not my favorite Unwound material by a long shot but I still would listen to the hell out of those. I guess my excitement sort of tapered and Repetition can hold me over.

My copy of Takk will be sitting on my porch for next six hours. Here's hoping it's there when I am home...

Same thing happened to me. I listen to Unwound nearly daily and have picked up the box at the store, thought about buying it and then put it back for another day. Not my favorite Unwound material by a long shot but I still would listen to the hell out of those. I guess my excitement sort of tapered and Repetition can hold me over.

My copy of Takk will be sitting on my porch for next six hours. Here's hoping it's there when I am home...

So what's the verdict?  How'd you rate?  Hopefully yours showed up in comparable condition to mine.

What was the price on that Unwound box you picked up and set back down?  I know you're all about Repetition – and for good reason – but Leaves Turn Inside You is really something else, and the main reason I want that new set so badly.  I think I saw it for $47.99 (+tax) the last time I was out and about.  Seemed close to the average going rate, and I figured I'd just wait for the opportune sale.  It's not super limited, I'm aware, but I think it just bothers me because it's the last one I'm missing.

got an email from amazon.it. if I got it right, the item now has an estimated shipping (or delivery?? the original word is "consegna") date of 3rd - 9th december. It says I will get another email once this has been shipped out.

That's good news, I guess.

It means you should receive it around that date...after that e-mail my card has been charged so I guess they are shipping them out today

Are there any lesser-variants than the 2LP + 10" package that has been floating around? Amoeba posted a PRE for $30.

Edit: (Almost the) Same catalog number as BM lists, so I'm going for it.

Amoeba copy delivered today and it's absolutely pristine. Also one of the best shipping jobs I've ever seen. Couldn't thank you enough for finding this!

So what's the verdict? How'd you rate? Hopefully yours showed up in comparable condition to mine.

What was the price on that Unwound box you picked up and set back down? I know you're all about Repetition – and for good reason – but Leaves Turn Inside You is really something else, and the main reason I want that new set so badly. I think I saw it for $47.99 (+tax) the last time I was out and about. Seemed close to the average going rate, and I figured I'd just wait for the opportune sale. It's not super limited, I'm aware, but I think it just bothers me because it's the last one I'm missing.

Mine came in pretty good condition. No seam splits but the top lefr corner of the spine looks a little damage. No big deal though. The sleeve is the nicest I have seen, next to the most recent ISIS reissues.

I was up in Seattle at Sonic Boom and think it was around $50. I enjoy Leaves Turn Inside You quite a bit and should just go pick it up one of these days. Listening to these boxes has made me examine their phases of music all over again. I have listened to the albums in that set the least and am excited to give them a go again.

The e-mails we have received are weird anyway...usually they send shipping confirmation...

I guess they sent these emails because the ETA was stated as Nov 27th on the product page before, so it was probably just an automated message about the changed delivery date. I wouldn't mind that anyway.