PO: The Mars Volta - Scab Dates

So this is gonna be some sort of repress? Or reissue? Weird especially considering the MOV fiasco with deloused and amputechture, and the fact that gsl hasn't existed in years

With that whole thing I imagined that they would take their releases and reissue them. So I don't know about it actually being GSL. It says AGSL 118 as opposed to the original GSL 118 (which I could be wrong about and can't check Discogs at the moment to confirm). Can anyone back that up?

With that whole thing I imagined that they would take their releases and reissue them. So I don't know about it actually being GSL. It says AGSL 118 as opposed to the original GSL 118 (which I could be wrong about and can't check Discogs at the moment to confirm). Can anyone back that up?

http://www.discogs.com/Mars-Volta-Scabdates/release/626263

Says GSL 118

Oh weird. I didn't notice it said AGSL. Wonder what the hell that means. I know after the previous reissues Cedric stated that they would do proper reissues on omar's "new label" Nadie. However, knowing that Omar and Cedric have said so much stuff over the years without ever delivering, I'm not gonna get my hopes up. I know from a friend, that's close to the band, was working on the Deloused reissue. Without giving away details, it was gonna be a damn awesome set. Worth getting even for those that already own a copy. However last I heard from him was that Omar kept brushing him off and putting the idea off to the side. So who knows if we'll ever see proper reissues from the band.

I guess we're gonna have to wait and see what comes of this Scabdates thing

In another thread someone mentioned that Cedric wanted to do a set of proper reissues for their discography, so I think the question now is when.

That was me :)

Got the information from Cedric on this podcast where he talks about the Volta vinyl, MOV fiasco. This was from 10 months ago, so I don't know any more recent updates. All we can do now is just wait.

Anyone interested, jump to the end near (1:55:35) second mark to hear the vinyl talk. Its real interesting and nice to see they put an effort in their vinyl releases.

https://soundcloud.com/deandelray/let-there-be-talk-ep114-cedric?

That was me :)

Got the information from Cedric on this podcast where he talks about the Volta vinyl, MOV fiasco. This was from 10 months ago, so I don't know any more recent updates. All we can do now is just wait.

Anyone interested, jump to the end near (1:55:35) second mark to hear the vinyl talk. Its real interesting and nice to see they put an effort in their vinyl releases.

https://soundcloud.com/deandelray/let-there-be-talk-ep114-cedric?

Oh man, that's great - I had never heard it direct from Cedric like that before...

Anyone who thinks this is a good thing please go listen to the original Tremulent EP and then the remaster they did recently... (Last year?)

They are amazing musicians but clearly don't know anything about mastering or mixing. Unless they're hiring someone else to mix and master these pressings they're going to sound like garbage.

Anyone who thinks this is a good thing please go listen to the original Tremulent EP and then the remaster they did recently... (Last year?)

They are amazing musicians but clearly don't know anything about mastering or mixing. Unless they're hiring someone else to mix and master these pressings they're going to sound like garbage.

I believe that was mixed by Matt bitman wasnt it? I kno he was the one working with Omar alot during Bosnian rainbows and also Antemasque. Last I read was that he was no longer working with Omar, off with some other band, but don't know if it's permanent or temporary. So maybe it could be someone else doing the mixing, if they ever actually get around to remastering these things.

I had read that MOV was scheduled to release Frances after their Amp, but then everything got pulled off. Strange that they would skip over it in the first place.

Regardless of what mastering or mixing gets done with this Scabdates thing or future releases, I will definitely be buying them. I'm a sucker and want a full Volta/Omar collection.

Besides already have an excellent sounding copy of Scabdates so I'm not too worried about that