PO: Beta Band - The Three EPs (separately) - RP

13 hours ago, glass realms said:

There's also a colored vinyl pressing of the 2xLP version of The Three EPs that's exclusive to Rough Trade. It's on their UK website but not their US website (yet).

https://roughtrade.com/gb/music/beta-band-beta-bandthe-three-eps-20th-anniversary-remaster

Hope it makes it to US.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, thievedrelic said:

Glad this post popped back up...whatever happened to the Hot Shots II repress?  I thought Bullmoose was gonna get it, like they did with the others, but I never saw it.

It's coming but not gone to retailers yet to announce (just the pledgemusic campaign)

2 hours ago, timsimmons said:

The box looks cool, but I couldn’t justify buying it after shelling out for the the RSD imports a few years back. 

It's pretty flimsy tbh. Not lacquered. You made the right call IMO. That being said, it's the only major complaint I have about it.

10 hours ago, thievedrelic said:

Glad this post popped back up...whatever happened to the Hot Shots II repress?  I thought Bullmoose was gonna get it, like they did with the others, but I never saw it.

The 3xLP reissue of the self-titled comes out mid-October, then Hot Shots II in mid-November, then Heroes to Zeros in mid-December. Release dates listed in PledgeMusic and the press release on Pitchfork. With all due respect: A literal minute of online research mah dood.

14 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

The 3xLP reissue of the self-titled comes out mid-October, then Hot Shots II in mid-November, then Heroes to Zeros in mid-December. Release dates listed in PledgeMusic and the press release on Pitchfork. With all due respect: A literal minute of online research mah dood.

Release dates are one thing; I just wanted to preorder it.

15 hours ago, thievedrelic said:

Release dates are one thing; I just wanted to preorder it.

You've been able to on PledgeMusic for a while. And the release dates are everything. Like, it's how it works. Once you're aware of them, you develop an informed/reasonable expectation for when to look for the preorder windows. Smh

11 hours ago, mikeburns said:

Sooooo excited for Heroes and Hot Shots. Already have 2/3 eps (never cared for the last one) and an original of the self titled. This has really made my day! 

I sold mine for decent money, meaning I'm probably going to break close to even on the 3xLP upgrade.

21 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

You've been able to on PledgeMusic for a while. And the release dates are everything. Like, it's how it works. Once you're aware of them, you develop an informed/reasonable expectation for when to look for the preorder windows. Smh

Jesus dude I get that you're incredibly bitter that I've clogged up your precious post with requests for information, but if you read my posts you'd probably see that I am asking about US preorders; not about paying $15 for shipping from the UK.  Bullmoose had the 3EPs preorder immediately when announced, not in October, so I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask if anyone knows if they or someone else have a link to a US preorder.   Thanks for being a dick though, that's always a nice touch in community forums.

Or rather than getting triggered you can man up and admit that you being aware of the staggered-across-four-months release schedule that was a few clicks away would have given you the context required to anticipate a similarly-staggered-PO-window for US retailers. You think you're angry at me, but you're angry at your own ignorance. Reality keeps proving my point. Hench how the newest US retailer PO is for the second of four in succession, which isn't the album you're looking for.

Keep tilting at windmills though, it's hilarious to watch from the sidelines.

P.S. You didn't actually make it clear you wanted info about U.S. retailers only; you merely mentioned Bullmoose, which is not enough to go by to make that inference. Also, newsflash, we're not mind-readers. Maybe be more specific about your request the first time? You'll be less triggered when provided the more-general-than-what-you-want answer you got cuz you're incapable of typing exactly what you're looking for. 

Edited by armadillo01

12 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

You think you're angry at me, but you're angry at your own ignorance. Reality keeps proving my point.

Oh good, a jilted philosophy major.  No, I'm angry with you, because you are a dick.  I know you're a dick because instead of a) trying to be genuinely helpful or b) ignoring a post that you feel negatively towards, you have a gutshot response to be a passive-aggressive keyboard warrior.   People with that mentality are the reason that forums like this and reddit gradually transition to being shitholes over time.

I think asking about Bullmoose is a pretty LARGE indicator that I'm talking about the US, also. 

2 hours ago, thievedrelic said:

Oh good, a jilted philosophy major.  No, I'm angry with you, because you are a dick.  I know you're a dick because instead of a) trying to be genuinely helpful or b) ignoring a post that you feel negatively towards, you have a gutshot response to be a passive-aggressive keyboard warrior.   People with that mentality are the reason that forums like this and reddit gradually transition to being shitholes over time.

I think asking about Bullmoose is a pretty LARGE indicator that I'm talking about the US, also. 

I don't see any disrespect in my reply below. I'll even put in bold where I indicated the exact opposite. You really struggle with the written text and how information is transmitted through it, don't you?

On 9/20/2018 at 10:44 AM, armadillo01 said:

People like you who can't look up info made available and clog up forum threads with questions that take longer to type and post than seeking out the answers on Pitchfork or Pledgemusic does, ignoring other users' time and effort by HELPFULLY POSTING LINKS YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO CLICK ON make places like this just as obnoxious. It takes two to tango. Still can't own your bs, it seems. Prideful snot.

Edited by armadillo01

And not clearly asking about U.S. retailers is not cleary asking about U.S. retailers. None of us are here to play guessing games, trying to fulfill unwritten expectations, then manage the butthurt when you don't get exactly what you want. You want something? Ask for it clearly: Communications 101.

Let’s get this back on track, shall we?

In related news, Steve Mason has a new solo album coming out in January. I haven’t looked too hard for US preorders, but there are a couple “limited” variants with signed prints available from the UK:

Silver vinyl: http://www.stevemasonmerch.com/

PledgeMusic exclusive white vinyl:

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/steve-mason-about-the-light