PO: Everclear - Sparkle And Fade and So Much For The Afterglow

As for the label... I know your own press release is supposed to be "glowing," but that said: I really love Kevin Gray's work. He's one of the best mastering engineers working now. If he can actually get his hands on original analog master tapes, and do true AAA cuts, then these reissues would be well worth the money. (Or to put it another way: The Analogue Productions reissue of August & Everything After is a 2XLP 45RPM set for $50... which is an insane price. Until you listen to it. Then it feels like a bargain. Then you wish ALL your favorite records could sound that good.

As others have mentioned, there are endless possibilities: Gin Blossoms, Toad, Hole, The Sundays.... 

My big concern is that IR probably can't convince most big bands to turn over their rights, or undo the damage the bands have already done to their own legacy on vinyl. All-analog reissues of the 90's Pearl Jam records would be WAY better than the crap reissues the band gave us a few years ago. The Dave Matthews reissues were better but still digital. Third Eye Blind would be amazing if done right, but Jenkins wants to keep all that money for himself. I don't see Beck turning over his rights either. And Tool would be the Holy Grail but NO WAY would those guys actually let their fans own their records on vinyl, in amazing SQ, for a REASONABLE PRICE.....

I loved it back in the day and even interviewed Art for a magazine (SPOILER: He's kinda douchy).... But "all time"??

You need to listen to more rock albums.

It's more of a sentimental thing. It was the first time I'd ever heard angry rock music with f-bombs and yelling. I was like 8 years old and it was the coolest thing I'd ever heard. I've had a few interactions with Art myself, and I found him to be incredibly humble and charismatic.

As time has gone on, I've found that this record has aged really well. My collection mostly consists of heavier music, and I still find that this is the album I grab when I'm feeling angsty.

I stand by what I said. This album is killer from end to end.

• 3 months later...

The shipping makes me want to flip a table.

So I'm assuming this label will be about those lost 90s gems? Here's hope for Gin Blossoms.

LOCAL H - As Good As Dead!!

Never pressed so maybe this fits. I wonder if they are doing submissions/requests for consideration like MOV. Already preordered both of these as well. Sparkle and Fade was one of those "soundtracks to a summer" albums for me. So glad I got outbid at the last second a few weeks ago on a copy. Saved me $75!

If they release either or both of these, I'd love the label forever.   UMG can't always be bothered for a properly mastered release... or a release at all.   

We should start pestering the label for these records.   I'd like to see the other unreleased on vinyl GB & Local H albums too.

• 1 month later...

hmmmm, has anyone obtained either of these 2 reissues yet?  i'm looking at ordering from either SSD, musicdirect or acousticsounds for their listed price of $35.  When i called my local store the guy said they didn't order any of them in because of the price and that they weren't imports at those prices $50 or whatever it is that some other places are trying to get for them.  i'm really curious about the quality of these pressings...

hmmmm, has anyone obtained either of these 2 reissues yet? i'm looking at ordering from either SSD, musicdirect or acousticsounds for their listed price of $35. When i called my local store the guy said they didn't order any of them in because of the price and that they weren't imports at those prices $50 or whatever it is that some other places are trying to get for them. i'm really curious about the quality of these pressings...

Acoustic Sounds.