ORMOLYCKA Love & Hate Thread

Hey guys, well since Jason decided to remove the Facebook and almost everything associated with the label except the webstore and shitty tumblr I thought we could create a place for us all to stay in the loop like he asked, I know many of you are still waiting on orders from about a year ago, I know I have about 3-4 orders I still have gotten nothing on, so feel free to discuss preorders, share info or just rant, just want to make sure we have a coalition in case this guy decides to just leave to the bahamas with all our money/boxsets/tapes/vinyl..

http://www.ormolycka.com/

I don't know how everyone got into this mindset of 'Oh, it's just Ormolycka, sometimes it takes a while, even a year, but he always comes through' and have that be acceptable in any way. Any label that doesn't deliver product in a timely manner or doesn't communicate AFTER they've taken the money is a shit label.

The releases on this label are excellent but yea other than that everything else about it kinda sucks.

I placed an order in February for death grips and lil ugly mane tapes (before I knew of horror stories from other people) about a week later I ordered 2 Antwon tapes thinking "cool I'll just order them and send an email to combine shipping". emailed him asking to combine and to either see about a refund on the second orders shipping or to just throw in one of the free tapes that is advertised on the website (no idea which he's referring to but it says you just pay shipping). Never received any response. Got 2 different tracking numbers. opened my package and it was just the lum and death grips. The second tracking number just sat for 2 months and never moved. I ended up moving and tried emailing and posting to facebook trying to get my address updated, again no response but he commented to other people saying he had some one helping with emails and responding to them. Tracking number finally started moving a few days later (earlier this week) delivery confirmation but nothing in my mailbox. They were sent to my old place. Luckily I got my tapes but Yea the whole thing was a hassle. There's more stuff that I would still like to pick up but I'm on the fence about doing business with him again. I feel kinda bad for the people that ordered the lum vinyl boxset and the headache they are probably going through especially since their orders were waaaay more than the money I sent him. Super sketchy the facebook was deleted too. Order at your own risk folks

Holy shit longest post ever haha

Some good points dudes, I am one of the sad souls who PO'd the LUM boxset and I'm almost debating just filing a Paypal claim to get my $180 back, there's really been no progress at all other than the photo he posted of the MTI 1st presses that he price gouged the fuck out of for those 10 idiotic eBay preorders. I've said it here before but ill say it again, he really lost me when he promised people "bootleg" death grips tapes and never contacted a single person about them, he already knew he was in a hole with getting orders filled and just tried fattening his wallet that much more, I really feel bad for all the Amazing artists he's exploited

I haven't received an email back from him at all. Any of the emails I've sent to him since December never answered.

Sent an email to that whereismyorder email when he launched it and still nothing.

Waiting on the lum box and a separate order from December. I'm about to grab screen caps of the deleted Facebook, Tumblr post regarding it and whatever else needed just in case.. Would rather get the goods I purchased but wouldn't mind having another $260 in my pocket either...

I mean I couldn't imagine this being an easy process for one dude...but this guy in here says he ordered this year in Feb and I'm over here waiting on shit from December. Some bullshit right there. If he can't fulfill my order then it would be nice to know..Trust I can do without a few tapes that are easily available on mp3 that I can dub to cassette myself if I really wanted to.

I haven't received an email back from him at all. Any of the emails I've sent to him since December never answered.

Sent an email to that whereismyorder email when he launched it and still nothing.

Waiting on the lum box and a separate order from December. I'm about to grab screen caps of the deleted Facebook, Tumblr post regarding it and whatever else needed just in case.. Would rather get the goods I purchased but wouldn't mind having another $260 in my pocket either...

I mean I couldn't imagine this being an easy process for one dude...but this guy in here says he ordered this year in Feb and I'm over here waiting on shit from December. Some bullshit right there. If he can't fulfill my order then it would be nice to know... Trust I can do without a few tapes that are easily available on mp3 that I can dub to cassette myself if I really wanted to.

Yea man that's a bummer

it looks like everyone that ordered around the time frame of the death grips boots Are still waiting on their orders. From the way he does business it makes it look like that promise was just a cash grab. I'm sure he got flooded with orders for doing it and it's overwhelming but fuck answer people's emails, work harder or don't commit to something you can't fullfill in a somewhat timely manner. you've had their money in your bank account forever now.

I don't know how everyone got into this mindset of 'Oh, it's just Ormolycka, sometimes it takes a while, even a year, but he always comes through' and have that be acceptable in any way. Any label that doesn't deliver product in a timely manner or doesn't communicate AFTER they've taken the money is a shit label.

Same with Orchid Tapes.

Go back and read the OT thread.

I didn't say Orchid Tapes was perfect. The orders I've had with them haven't been significantly delayed to the point of frustration, so maybe I'm one of the lucky ones, but I've read the horror stories. It's still not even close to Ormolycka. It's been ten months with no items and no communication from Ormolycka for me. This isn't about which label is worse. This is about Ormolycka taking people's money and delivering nothing. 

I keep offering to go help him out in the city and he'll usually just like the comment and never gets back to me

Iunno, it took months for me to get my MTI repress after picking it up from him off of eBay and the packaging wasn't great, especially considering the several month wait but at the end of the day I'm thankful to have actually received it

I think the only exception i'd make in regards to ordering from him again would be a new LUM album or something but I'd do it begrudgingly--it's a lot of $$ for little to no guarantee

I hope all of you dudes get your orders, especially if you shelled out for the boxset