ORMOLYCKA Love & Hate Thread

There's a place in Australia that has orms stuff for sale. They are waiting on a shipment of three sided tape box sets. Would anyone want to order one with me to save on international shipping? Depending on the price that is

I'll go half with you but I'm on West coast, I think you're East?

A word from our Fierce leader:

https://www.facebook.com/snakeaccident/posts/1015892291809375

"NEWS!!!
Currently contemplating going back to a more arcane mode of business for this label. I think it will work best for me, and potentially remove this air of pure negativity aimed at this project.
Between November of 2015 and March, 1 of 2016, I received something around 2,000 (actually 1436) orders. Sometimes a single Lil Ugly Mane tape, sometimes a bunch of stuff showing a genuine interest in the label, sometimes one Death Grips tape, sometimes just all the new LP's. A lot for the course of a few months, I think it was on the legs of the excitement that we ALL felt as fans of the stuff on this label about the long delayed vinyl being done, and the Lil Ugly Mane boxset finally coming to fruition.
HERE IS THE THING! smile emoticon
Of that 2000 (actually 1436) or so, 7 people contacted their bank for what my online store calls "chargebacks". Of that 7, haha, 5 of them were shipped, and received "DELIVERED". In the online store "shopify" system, you can track the packages, you can do it along with me. Someone said there is a forum about tracking being in limbo. Those 5 people were able to get their money back, all 5 were RIP boxsets. I was charged 15$ x 5, plus the cost of the boxset to people who not only received their boxsets, but! this is the cool part. Made it so that system of accepting credit cards is no longer available. This is the modern world. 2000 (actually 1436) orders, 7 complaints, 5 of which actually received their goods, and it puts an entire business "OUT OF BUSINESS"
I sent emails to those 5 customers who not only received their items, but received their money back on their credit cards. All I asked for was for them to reverse the chargeback since they received their items.
I see this culture of people banding together to complain about a person/business who for 10 years has stated that they wanted to keep prices down, and do not ever turn a profit. A label that puts all money brought in toward making new things that the people who follow the label want. Most of you don't mind the wait, 7 really really do. In the brave new idiot world, it only takes 7 to shut it down.
THAT SAID,
I do this for fun. It stopped being as fun as it used to be once a few things became in demand and started to be treated by the same "fans" as some sort of immediate currency that was so in demand that it caused the buyer to need it instantly. To hold the fake ass currency as a physical artifact that I created for them, by myself, immediately. It takes the artist, the person who puts in the work to put all the cogs together to make this stuff and the fan to keep this river flowing. It is a bummer that the immediacy outweighs the process in this case. The cool part is that within this structure the artists all actually make some money as I only sell items in order to make more. The artists get half of those to sell themselves and make a bit of money. Pretty cool.
I am going to go to a system of only accepting money orders. Postal Money Orders in the US, International Money Orders from elsewhere. It does not matter to me how long it takes to sell this stuff. I don't make any money from selling it, I still really like making it and putting it out there for you all.
IN FACT...! When I took in pre-sale money from PayPal last year to create the LUM boxsets, PayPal seized that money, for 160 days. They did the same thing to Lil Ugly Mane when he sold the copies that Ormolycka created for him to earn money as a celebrated artist. There is currently a class action law suit pertaining to this fascist activity that PayPal somehow gets away with. Last year, some fucking how, I earned the money on my own and paid for the box set materials with my own money, my life money, my daughters life's money, and waited the 6 months to pay myself back so that the project would not be any more ridiculously delayed than the then state of vinyl manufacture already made it, the 7 month wait that this label incurred was not the worst wait that I heard of.
I know that some of you are buying physical items for the first time ever. I know that sometimes it can be a fucking slog, especially those who came in right as all this shit became immensely popular. I never wanted to raise the prices to some ridiculous cost for a tape, or a record, that never felt right to me. The prices are already kind of high in my opinion, records cost a lot more to manufacture than they used to, and as we all know (aside from the new Antwon LP) they take for fucking ever.
All of those orders from the new system are on their way to you as of this month. All tracking should be fulfilled in the next week or if you watch it everyday. Between here in NY and my friend Rob, who is an artist on the label, who helps ships the just tapes orders out of Philly there are a few stacks of shipping labels getting gone through. Once those are all gone through, I will go through the box of "Return to Sender" packages I have, there are a bunch some are pretty old.
I received a lot of mails from those of you who had outstanding stuff from when I bailed on PayPal in 2014. A LOT. I have seen that most of those packages are being received, you do not know how happy that makes me. It weighed pretty heavy on me that so many people had to wait a long time to get their stuff. I am still cranking through those with the other orders.
Beyond that, I think this is something like the end. I am not sure how to make Shopify allow for the webstore to be no longer deactivated? Do fans of the label want it to continue on as a web store? Or is it ok that I go to a Money Order only style operation?
What do you want?
Let me know [email protected] and let Shopify know? [email protected]
There is only 1 Ormolycka returned in web searches. I search it every once it in a while. I post the couple of forums that have people that are super bummed banning together here even, on this Facebook forum thing. I even gave myself a 1 star review on this site! None of that shit has ever mattered to me as much as just getting through it all, if I answered every mail that has the answer in the question of the mail, no mail would ever get sent out. They all ask the same thing, "I know it can sometimes take a while, I read that on the FAQ, but can you tell me about mine." If I were to flip through the order slips to find "yours" it would take me like an hour just to find it. Often times that email comes from some fake name not associated with the order, sometimes like yesterday it comes from the sender "Verizon Wireless Device" with no name, no transaction ID. Instead of going back and finding each specific order, I keep them in a stack, and I package them and ship them out. I check them individually for change of address. Or in the case with the older orders that fell through cracks, I write you and ask if the address on the order is still your address.
Who knows, maybe if Shopify gets 8 nice letters from people who like this label, it will counter the 7 (5 of whom received their items) people who put it out of business!
If you want to write shopify:
Tell them and me, that you actually don't mind waiting, and understand the FAQ from the Ormolycka site, here, everywhere where it is written that it can take months sometimes for this One person, and Rob operation. One person who works a much more than full time job. One person who also has a two year old daughter. None of this is an excuse, I have pretty much always done this label the same exact way. I do mail once or twice a month, because this label is not a business, it is a hobby. I also don't ever take the negativity to heart other than on a personal level of not knowing what to do to make those unhappy people happy. All packages are traceable as of November 2014. All have a tracking number. All of this grew from being really small to being more popular.
ALL PACKAGES FROM THAT PEROID HAVE BEEN ACCOUNTED FOR AND ARE GOING OUT IN THE MAIL AS OF TOMORROW! SOME ARE STILL NEEDING TO BE PACKED, BUT ALL ARE PRINTED AND ACCOUNTED FOR.
I AM SUPER PSYCHED THAT THAT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN! FOR ME AND FOR ALL OF YOU.
I am not sure what else to say, it has been a bummer facilitating the growth in popularity of this label/project. Not because of the actual fans of the label. More so due to the people who are fans of a few things and fans of something other than having access to a pretty interesting universe of music and music history. What makes me even more disheartened is that the negative aspects of this seem to be rewarded with recourse. There is no recourse from my end, other than to do what I have always done, and get through it all, even when it is super super overwhelming. I am glad that has happened in a big way over this past month. I am not going to make any moves forward in terms of selling new stuff, or putting the website back online for a while. I have a full storage unit, including about 15 new releases waiting until I figure this all out.
So let me know, money order, or writing to Shopify, or some other web money exchange service that allows no recourse for its sellers? It is up to you all as fans at this point.
XO
ORM"

• 2 weeks later...

Just read that big post above for the first time. Its good to hear stuff from November Is supposedly going out now. still waiting on my $50+ order from then. he said he only mails out like once a month though.... that seems really little for someone whose label has thousands of orders but I realize life is busy

• 3 weeks later...