ORMOLYCKA Love & Hate Thread

King Orm posted about this thread on facebook. I hope he didn't take offense about the content in this thread--I mean as a label I really appreciate the music, their general feel and their presence. It's just scary seeing so many people not receive old packages. There is the one hand where I understand how difficult getting tons of orders out must be. Then there is the hand where I realize I'm in the red and I don't even have the tapes. Tbh I really hope 2016 is a great year for orm, maybe they can get a few more hands helping with shipping. that's literally my only complaint with the way they run! 

Maybe he should take offense. Ideally that would change his business ethics. People have tried to be polite about the situation and he handles it poorly and unprofessionally (not responding to emails, blocking people on social media, etc.). I've heard TONS of complaints by now.

I've said it before, if you can't run a business efficiently and have this many complaints and have to switch your PayPal account three times due to disputes until you abandon the platform altogether that literally 99% of every other reputable small businesses use, maybe it's time to close the doors. But he just keeps putting new stuff up for order when people haven't received their old shit from over a year ago.

It's business 101. Not every coolguy with good taste in music should be running a label..

Personally, I've not ordered stuff that I really wanted from Orm because of not receiving past orders.

You'd think he would make an account here since he knows about it (like a good number of other labels that know about this forum) to maybe try to explain things, answer questions or at least try to save face. But he posted it on Facebook so that all his shills would hopefully come on here and stick up for him. Gtfo.

I've tried to be optimistic about this in the past. I'm a patient person who's been ordering tapes from lots of different labels for years and I've never heard of anything like this.

All very, very valid views. The thing that keeps me from being too mad is hope that somehow my order from the past really did just slip through some cracks and that I'll receive both my orders now that he has shipping help; as well as a slight understanding for the overwhelming magnitude of shipping he must deal with by himself. I don't know how many orders the label has in the past year but I'd imagine that it's more than I can imagine lol. But everything you've said is valid as fuck. 

Yeah it's the same for me. Ordered just under a year ago and have been ignored ever since. He has a lot of new stuff I want too, but at this point it's obvious I'm not going to get what I ordered because the order was through his first (or second?) paypal account and he's sent everything I've ordered to other people who ordered after me so it's not an issue of them being out of stock etc. Not to mention the various horror stories on Reddit of Orm suddenly deciding an order looks fake and refusing to send back the money or the goods etc. Idk how true they are but it doens't really matter at this point as the only thing that would make me believe I'm going to get my order is if it actually arrives in my postbox.

Honestly I think the only reason Orm linked to this thread is to offset the comments about his censoring social media, as this is a place he can't censor. He's not going to come in here and reply or anything and I bet his facebook post will be deleted by tomorrow. Most of what he does just comes across as damage control (like randomly posting every month or so that all orders will be shipped out in a few weeks etc) )instead of actually sorting issues out properly, e.g. sending people their shit.

King Orm posted about this thread on facebook. I hope he didn't take offense about the content in this thread

LOL funny to see him shout out this thread, seems like he is promoting it rather than bashing it, like the title states "Love & Hate" which is I think what he's always been aiming for, happy to see Boxsets are on the way though! 

I'm debating buying this one too now since the different covers (Tombstone vs. Lettering) seems to be the difference between this one and the Preorder version and I'm a total sucker for Alt covers. Just $143 is tough to drop this time of the year on yourself, at least they're in hand now!!!

I've got a cool little Ormolycka story for you kids, so gather round!

So on the Death Grups subreddit, a post popped up discussing the DG tapes being restocked. Most of the comments were about Orm's bad reputation as a seller. I've had the same experience with him, so I commented this:

"Ordered October of last year and he's ignored everything I've ever sent him. Never got anything. He actually opened a second email to deal with "where's my order" inquiries since he had so many, and he never responded to a single message on that email. He even had to give up Paypal as a form of payment from so many unresolved order claims being filed.

He's a legit scam artist, stop supporting him"

To my surprise, Orm himself direct messaged me on Reddit in response to this post:

"FUCK YOU UP THE ASS YOU FUCK. YOU WOULDVE GOTTEN YOUR ORDER IF YOU WAITED. YOU SHITS. IM TIRED OF GETTING EMAILS ASKING "IS IT SAFE TO BUY FROM YOU? I HEAR A LOT OF NEGATIVE STUFF". ITS YOU PIKES THATS CAUSING THIS. FUCK YOU. SHUT YER FUCKING PIE HOLE. KEYBOARD BITCH. ILL SUE YOU"

Nice. The one form of contact I've gotten from this guy since he took my money more than a year ago for nothing. I love how somewhere in his mind he's actually rationalized blaming his paying customers for his own incompetency as a merchant. It's almost poetic.

Y'know what? Thanks for the inspiration, ORM. I'm going to have a text-to-speech read this comment, and I'll remix it into a Death Grips instrumental. I'll press that to a tape and ship it to you, and you'll still get it quicker than I'll ever get my fucking order.

I've got a cool little Ormolycka story for you kids, so gather round!

So on the Death Grups subreddit, a post popped up discussing the DG tapes being restocked. Most of the comments were about Orm's bad reputation as a seller. I've had the same experience with him, so I commented this:

"Ordered October of last year and he's ignored everything I've ever sent him. Never got anything. He actually opened a second email to deal with "where's my order" inquiries since he had so many, and he never responded to a single message on that email. He even had to give up Paypal as a form of payment from so many unresolved order claims being filed.

He's a legit scam artist, stop supporting him"

To my surprise, Orm himself direct messaged me on Reddit in response to this post:

"FUCK YOU UP THE ASS YOU FUCK. YOU WOULDVE GOTTEN YOUR ORDER IF YOU WAITED. YOU SHITS. IM TIRED OF GETTING EMAILS ASKING "IS IT SAFE TO BUY FROM YOU? I HEAR A LOT OF NEGATIVE STUFF". ITS YOU PIKES THATS CAUSING THIS. FUCK YOU. SHUT YER FUCKING PIE HOLE. KEYBOARD BITCH. ILL SUE YOU"

Nice. The one form of contact I've gotten from this guy since he took my money more than a year ago for nothing. I love how somewhere in his mind he's actually rationalized blaming his paying customers for his own incompetency as a merchant. It's almost poetic.

Y'know what? Thanks for the inspiration, ORM. I'm going to have a text-to-speech read this comment, and I'll remix it into a Death Grips instrumental. I'll press that to a tape and ship it to you, and you'll still get it quicker than I'll ever get my fucking order.

Got proof or nah?