New Market Place : Buy/Sell/Swap everything related to Music

That's not true at all. Look at that Discogs app thread. It got a lot of positive feedback from the community, because it was something that was needed. Do you honestly think WavesVinylsRecords is needed?

I meant to say FangsAnalSatan is duplicate waste, not the website. That makes more sense, my mistake.

And your point that it is only for music is pointless because every other site you can just look at the music category and it's the same thing.

The whole point of Discogs is not to have to look for a Vinyl Records category because it's mostly about records.

The idea with Waves Records is to make the search for potential buyers easy which would allow seller to target people interested in Music related items.

My point is that if you sell on eBay you're going to target pretty much every profile (buyers) while with Waves Records you're sure to target only people interested in Music.

There are tons of good reasons to use this website if you think about it...

Browsing through USA sellers didn't have usd as their currency. This is confusing for American buyers. The listing I looked at also said it accepted credit cards. How does that work for the sellers to get paid.

There is no different currencies available for the moment but this is not a problem to get paid. You have to link your PayPal account to get paid. Once it's done you get paid automatically and instantly.

Again give it a try to judge by yourself

How many sales have been completed through the site since it inception?

Many sales have been made since the website was launched.

What surprised me is the number of people that bought me turntables, radios, headphones and tape recorders.

On top of that I'm selling my records easier than on other French websites (I don't use discogs because I find it too messy)

An other option is to follow other sellers on the website ( you get an email as soon as the seller you're following list something ) some of my records don't stay more than 2 hours.

I mean it's working fine for me, it's up to you to use it or not.

I do appreciate that you took the time to visit the website. Thank you

What's so messy about Discogs? It's pretty clearly laid out and organized.

Yes this website is awesome don't get me wrong. But as a buyer there are so many entries that it gets really confusing (for me at least)

I suppose you already bought records on Discogs ? Didn't you get confused by all the prices ?

Yes this website is awesome don't get me wrong. But as a buyer there are so many entries that it gets really confusing (for me at least)

I suppose you already bought records on Discogs ? Didn't you get confused by all the prices ?

When you say you're confused by all the entries, do you mean all the variants? The prices aren't confusing. You click on the record/variant you want, click "Buy Vinyl" and look at the prices. I'm having a hard time getting what exactly you're pointing at in terms of confusion.

When you say you're confused by all the entries, do you mean all the variants? The prices aren't confusing. You click on the record/variant you want, click "Buy Vinyl" and look at the prices. I'm having a hard time getting what exactly you're pointing at in terms of confusion.

No no what is interesting with discogs are the variants (label-year-country...)

What is confusing is that the same record (with the same variants) can go from $5 to $50. Plus I've seen some duplicates of records (with the same criteria) and again the prices were really different.

To me too much information simply kills the information. Because people are forced to put informations but still free to create as many variants as wanted, sometimes it's not accurate (specially with French records, it can be a pain in the butt to find online the copy I have in front of me)

And this huge amount of informations that people are asked to put is mostly for Discogs to be on top of the search page (when you look on google directly) thanks to the SEO.

But hey it's still the leader so it's still pretty da*n good.