width of records

I think you should clarify if it's just the record or record and jacket or record and jacket and sleeve...what kind of sleeve ...

But....if u r just sticking to record are they all the same record....what are the weights of the records....120gm,140gm,180gm,200gm...etc

Are they flat lip or round edges....

Are we talking 33 1/3rds, 45s, 78s....

As you can see this is not just a simple answer....sooooo many variables!!!

hi bigdz68,

cheers for your response! So the reason I'd like to know is I'm a woodworker and someone has asked for a custom record stand for 50 records. So I guess it's 50, in their sleeves, of mixed weight and probably a mix of flat lip and round edges (or whatever is more common) ? It doesn't have to be super exact. Thanks I appreciate you taking the time to help me out!

I think you should clarify if it's just the record or record and jacket or record and jacket and sleeve...what kind of sleeve ...

But....if u r just sticking to record are they all the same record....what are the weights of the records....120gm,140gm,180gm,200gm...etc

Are they flat lip or round edges....

Are we talking 33 1/3rds, 45s, 78s....

As you can see this is not just a simple answer....sooooo many variables!!!

MREqu.jpg

i thought this thread couldn't get any less intelligent with the title being "width of records"

but then OP went ahead and proved he doesn't know the definition of width.

Seriously. Records are 7", 10", or 12" wide. He wants a depth/thickness measurement... You'd think a carpenter would know the difference.

Thanks for your interesting and helpful comments Lilmuse and Brain Fuggler. Can't really understand why you're bothering to comment. It seems that, in a brilliant show of originality, creativity and general all-round being fucking awesome-ness, you decided to spend precious moments of your incredible lives to troll a forum thread. A thread about measurements. Bravo! 

A response that takes the form of a value in inches or cm's would be much appreciated

Why would you suppose any of us know this off the top of our heads?  We are not carpenters, nor do we collect records to stack them 50 high to measure them  This is why your question is not being taken seriously.  Another reason, as I and others have shown, is that this information can be easily found with the tiniest bit of research, which as the person responsible for creating this storage, we'd think you'd be interested in putting the effort forth to find.

Rather than wasting YOUR time making annoying comments at those of us here to not discuss carpentry, why don't you go to a record store or goodwill store or pound some keyboard keys and find your own answer?

I want to know the width of a stack of 50 records. A 'stack of 50 records' is a different thing to 'a record'. Do try to keep up sweetie.

No. You still want to know the depth of a stack of records. I don't think you're an actual carpenter.