width of records

Err, yeah, I could find out the dimensions for an ikea product but that's not what I'm looking for. Do try to find something better to do with your time.

I can't check right now, but I think I have around 40 records in each shelving unit. But I also leave some extra space to make it easier to sort and shelve new records. So it gives you at least a hint.

No. You still want to know the depth of a stack of records. I don't think you're an actual carpenter.

Why would you suppose any of us know this off the top of our heads?  We are not carpenters, nor do we collect records to stack them 50 high to measure them  This is why your question is not being taken seriously.  Another reason, as I and others have shown, is that this information can be easily found with the tiniest bit of research, which as the person responsible for creating this storage, we'd think you'd be interested in putting the effort forth to find.

Rather than wasting YOUR time making annoying comments at those of us here to not discuss carpentry, why don't you go to a record store or goodwill store or pound some keyboard keys and find your own answer?

You are off your head

Seriously. Records are 7", 10", or 12" wide. He wants a depth/thickness measurement... You'd think a carpenter would know the difference.

I want to know the width of a stack of 50 records. A 'stack of 50 records' is a different thing to 'a record'. Do try to keep up sweetie.

No. You still want to know the depth of a stack of records. I don't think you're an actual carpenter.

rect.gif

oh my god all of this hahahaha

The hell?  So this isn't even a new subject?  Hah.  Hey, I'm going to be honest and admit that I'm being kind of an asshole.  However comma is it really that difficult to find existing dimensions of decent record storage on the net?  Are you going to construct this cube to hold 50 records exactly?  

I'm confused why someone who appears to want accuracy is turning to anyone but himself to get an answer.  Suppose I should thank you though for giving me something to do Monday morning.

I want to know the width of a stack of 50 records. A 'stack of 50 records' is a different thing to 'a record'. Do try to keep up sweetie.

Sorry sir for all the frustration this thread has caused. I have taken the time to do some solid calculations, and used your helpful graph as well:

rect.gif

After intense pondering I have come to the conclusion that a stack of 50 records is the same width as a single record. Proof:

width.jpg

I am sorry the rest of the board wasn't as willing to help. I hope you find this information useful.

Next!

Not as fucking hard as using the internet to find the dimensions?  

If you were a carpenter, you wouldn't have asked us.  

Bitch about others trolling you?  You caused it.  

Hahahahahahhahahahaha. I can't get my head round the vitriol of people like you.

I know I can find the dimensions of a record - I wanted an idea of how much space they take up when they are on a shelf, in their sleeves, which isn't actually something that's easily findable online. I suppose I'd need to know the width of the individual record + the width of the card sleeve ( x2) + the width of the paper insert ( x2) + the average distance that is between records once they've been around a while and so aren't in perfect nick.

Regardless of all the pointless and pathetic unpleasantness, I still got an answer I couldn't realistically have found elsewhere,thanks to a couple of folks on here.

As fun as this has been, I'll be off now I have the simple answer I came for.