[GIVEAWAY] $25 to a bunch of cool labels~

andy.

rsz_1rsz_2a2091134926_16.jpg

My good friends in Sailor's Mouth just released their first full-length album titled Tourist. It's a follow up to their previous EP, Town. For me it's definitely one of my top albums this year. Because if that I thought I'd do a giveaway to spread the word.

>> sailorsmouthmd.bandcamp.com <<
>> sailorsmouthmd.bandcamp.com <<

>> sailorsmouthmd.bandcamp.com <<

~WHAT YOU WIN~
The winner will receive a $25 credit towards a purchase from any of these labels: Run For Cover, Topshelf, No Sleep, Broken World Media, Orchid Tapes~ They'll also receive a copy of the show only variant cassette which is clear w/ red tape. They are currently in the process of being made so whoever wins will have the very first one (which is p cool right?)

!!! International will have to pay for shipping !!!

~WHEN DOES IT END?~
August 9th, 2015. One week from today.

~HOW TO WIN~
Share their Bandcamp link and screen shot it. You'll get one entry per site and an extra entry if you do all four:

• -Facebook
  • -Twitter
  • -Tumblr
  • -Instagram

~WANT MORE ENTRIES?~
You do not have to share the link to do any of the following. It's just encouraged.

• -Post a screen shot of the album on iTunes or wherever it is you listen to music
  • -Post your favorite song from the album
  • -Post a 1 sentence review of a song from the album
  • ^(you can do this for up to five songs)
  • -Have your mom/dad/grandparent/pet listen to it and have them give a 1 sentence review of the album

If you do /read all of the above, wow. Go you!

https://twitter.com/DomPiganelli/status/628631996714065921

I don't have any of the other social media outlets, but I can probably do some of the extra stuff. I'll give the album another listen later.

I assumed not everyone had them all or didn't want to post about it. That's why I added the other ways to enter to make it fair / easier than sharing.

I almost forgot to come back here, so I'll add more optional entries here:

- My favorite track is Night Owl

- I've said before on the that I'm a sucker for songs that start out soft and have a build and payoff, and while this may not have a huge long-term build, it develops tension through the verse that grows towards the chorus. The guitar may be my favorite part of the song--it's a simple little pattern that provides a sense of mystery, it would seem. Then, when the chorus bursts in, it transitions into chords followed by a rather satisfyingly melodic lead vocal performance.

I know I only needed to do one sentence, but if I'm one of the only people in the running, it's the least I can do. Plus, I did track-by-track album reviews every week for the school paper last year, so I'm pretty used to it. I'll probably stop back tomorrow (later today, I guess, since it's after midnight here) and write one or two more. I think that counts as three entries so far (Twitter link, favorite song, track review) unless I was supposed to share these things on social media as well. Let me know!

I almost forgot to come back here, so I'll add more optional entries here:

- My favorite track is Night Owl

- I've said before on the that I'm a sucker for songs that start out soft and have a build and payoff, and while this may not have a huge long-term build, it develops tension through the verse that grows towards the chorus. The guitar may be my favorite part of the song--it's a simple little pattern that provides a sense of mystery, it would seem. Then, when the chorus bursts in, it transitions into chords followed by a rather satisfyingly melodic lead vocal performance.

I know I only needed to do one sentence, but if I'm one of the only people in the running, it's the least I can do. Plus, I did track-by-track album reviews every week for the school paper last year, so I'm pretty used to it. I'll probably stop back tomorrow (later today, I guess, since it's after midnight here) and write one or two more. I think that counts as three entries so far (Twitter link, favorite song, track review) unless I was supposed to share these things on social media as well. Let me know!

Hell yeah! That's a wonderful review. A lot more than was expected haha. And yes, that counts as three. Thank you so much for showing in this / the album.

Nearly forgot to do more track reviews:

Song: Flower

It has kind of a backwards feel to it. Instead of beginning soft and kicking in later, it opens with an energetic drumbeat and riff. It's enough to bob your head to while listening, for sure. A point of interest is the use of cymbals in the second verse. It uniquely doesn't follow the standard of keeping the beat, but instead provides a background rhythm in conjunction with the kick drum.

Song: Something Borrowed, Something Blue

When I review any album, I always make a priority out of two songs in particular: The opener and the closer. The closing song on a record can take a few approaches, the worst of which being "nothing unique; just another song on a collection of other songs". With "Something Borrowed, Something Blue", this is not the case, as it takes the route of "acoustic slow song with an absence of percussion". After a predominantly emo-and-electric record, the contrast is refreshing. Within the same genre, I'd say that this song is in a similar vein to Brand New's "Play Crack the Sky", if only for its place and purpose on the record, which is well-executed. Even without any other supporting instruments, it's a satisfying conclusion to Tourist. (Also, though it's a bit played-out, I do always love hearing fake crackles on songs meant to emulate the feel of spinning a record).

I could review the interlude/shorter tracks, but I feel like that would be cheating!