[GIVEAWAY] $25 to a bunch of cool labels~

andy.

I must say, I've seen this band on Charm City Art Space's roster a few times, just haven't gotten the chance to give them a listen. I'll definitely have to stop by one of their shows the next time they play in the area.

I hardly post on my social media, so I'll just talk about a few of my favorite tracks!

The bridge between the tracks Repose and Plank won me over. I generally enjoy songs that lead into each other, and Repose is a prime example of an interlude that doesn't fail to keep my attention. The raw vocals on Plank give me chills, a very enjoyable track.

Blankets throws me into a head-nodding jam. The progression of guitars reminds me of Pianos' latest release, Keep You, which in very fond of. The balance of each instrument proves that Sailor's Mouth are very talented, and really have their shit together.

As for Something Borrowed, Something Blue, skidroje hit the nail on the head when referencing Play Crack the Sky. Definitely a great cap to an awesome album. Really glad I had a chance to peep this band!

I listened to this album with my cat in the room, but I don't think that counts as an entry ;)

Great stuff! I'll have to show this one to a few of my buddies, their sound has a great relation to earlier Souvenirs, definitely downloading this bad boy.

Contest isn't closed yet, so I'll do my last two track reviews:

Song: Tourist

Much like the end of the closing track, the opening has the signature crackles of spinning a record (which, like I said before, I can't help but smile at). The opening notes give me warm, almost nostalgic flashbacks to the "Intro" track on A Day to Remember's first album, And Their Name Was Treason, which is a few mere piano notes that give a haunting atmosphere. I noted in the "Night Owl" review that I love songs with a build and payoff, and this song has just that. Even though it starts soft, it comes back up to a good level of loudness (that is to say, "not crossing the boundaries of the Loudness Wars"-level). In fact, the whole song feels like an intro for the next track...

Song: Limbs

I absolutely love it when songs lead into one another, as in playing them back-to-back gives a "one long song" experience. It makes me ecstatic just to think that the idea of an album as an art form isn't yet dead. As previously mentioned, "Tourist" leads into this track and the payoff carries itself all the way to the end. Aside from the delightfully 'hum-along-able' vocals, I especially enjoy the guitar work. There's much to be said in music about the idea of negative space, and how sometimes silence is just as important as the noise that accompanies it. This concept is well-executed with the periodic pause that accompanies the main riff. 

I don't even know if I can do anything else for more entries at this point, but I think this puts me up to seven...

I went through and tallied up all the entries!

DOMAN127 - Twitter

DOMAN127 - Favorite track

DOMAN127 - Shared w/ brother that has no taste in good music

DOMAN127 - Tourist

DOMAN127 - Limbs

DOMAN127 - Nightowl

DOMAN127 - Flower

DOMAN127 - Something Borrowed, Something Blue

distinctlydustin - Instagram

skidroje - Instagram

skidroje - Favorite track

autumnalequinox - Shared w/ lovely lady + cat

autumnalequinox - Blankets

autumnalequinox - Something Borrowed, Something Blue

autumnalequinox - Repose

autumnalequinox - Planks

marc32137 - Twitter

marc32137 - Favorite track

And the winner is...

Screen_Shot_2015_08_10_at_7_06_19_PM.png

Message me and we'll get it all sorted out. Thank you to everyone that took the time to download and listen to the album. It means a lot to me and I appreciate it. If you decide to order the cassette, let me know on here and I'll give the band some goodies to put in your package. I randomized the list myself then input it into the spinner. The color choice was shitty tho and I'm sad. Here's a link to the wheel itself if you'd like to double-check that everyone is on there.