PO Now: Foxing - Dealer (Oct 30th)

Yeah, the tracks go hand-in-hand. Winding Cloth sets the scene for Indica's lyrics. That's how I see it. I probably should've clarified that.

Huh? Indica comes before Winding Cloth. They're also separated by the flip on the record, I always felt like it went very well with Redwoods because of the strings and transition between those two songs.

Huh? Indica comes before Winding Cloth. They're also separated by the flip on the record, I always felt like it went very well with Redwoods because of the strings and transition between those two songs.

erp, derped hard there. I was going off of bare memory there lol. Winding Cloth does start my favorite stretch of the abum tho.

I've actually really enjoyed this album the few times I've listened now. These guys must have listened to A LOT of Local Natives, however. A LOT.

They do seem to draw from inspirations in a way that you can tell but they still have their own sound. You can't deny that the climax of the Bloodhound / Inuit from The Albatross sounds like it came from a GY!BE album but I still love it.

Speaking of needle drops, and not the youtube douche, someone with nice equipment needs to a 24/96 rip of this album. The mastering and sound quality are quite nice on the vinyl.

I can't see where he's coming from anywhere haha.

tru

Speaking of needle drops, and not the youtube douche, someone with nice equipment needs to a 24/96 rip of this album. The mastering and sound quality are quite nice on the vinyl.

Would probably buy things that optimize lossless listening to listen to a lossless version of this record.

So I listened to this album last week and it bored me to tears. Piano driven rock songs that end in the same place they began. Then I saw them on Saturday night and they were incredible. Went back to listen to this album again.....and same thing. It was boring. What is the key to unlocking this album because I can't find it?

So I listened to this album last week and it bored me to tears. Piano driven rock songs that end in the same place they began. Then I saw them on Saturday night and they were incredible. Went back to listen to this album again.....and same thing. It was boring. What is the key to unlocking this album because I can't find it?

Doubt it. You just have different tastes than others in this thread. It clicked with me on my first listen.

First you need to figure out what a piano sounds like and then we can go from there.

I bought this record for my roommate. It came a few days ago, so we gave it a spin. The 180g sounds fantastic. The music, that is something I have to be in the mood for. Given I have only listened once, I'm not going to say I disliked it. It was just a little softer and delicate than I was expecting. I think I'm going to give it another try, maybe on the next raining and dreary day we have here in Portland (which should be soon). I've only heard good things about the album, so I'm not writing it off.

For me it was one of those albums that I wasn't blown away with on first listen but as I kept listening my "fav track" jumped around to the point where more than half of the songs have become my favorite track at some point. It's a grower, for sure.

This 100%.  Like... I don't want to stop listening to this album.  I listened to it today on my drive to/from work (took almost exactly one listen), and after I got home, I wanted to listen to it again because "The Magedalene", "Night Channels", and "Glass Coughs" keep getting stuck in my head.