PO (Soon?): Beck - Mutations

3 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

modern guilt is confirmed for the same date too, I know that date changed a lot also

indeed.  I've been able to get modern guilt though at decent price.  what we really NEED now is Midnite Vultures....

5 minutes ago, Holo said:

Was there supposed to be a regular press of The Information? Can't imagine they plan to do that dumbass box set for the full discog repress

Yes, there was mention of The Information being reissued along with everything else.  Haven't heard anything about that one other than from the original announcement of the Beck vinyl reissue campaign.  Maybe that and MV will be up next... or maybe it'll be another year.

Just now, thesecrets0308 said:

Yes, there was mention of The Information being reissued along with everything else.  Haven't heard anything about that one other than from the original announcement of the Beck vinyl reissue campaign.  Maybe that and MV will be up next... or maybe it'll be another year.

Booooooooooooooo... at least this happening shows that they haven't abandoned it or anything, cause I haven't seen anything mentioned since the last round of represses.

I wonder if Bongload plans on hopping in again on the ones they pressed originally

6 minutes ago, Holo said:

Booooooooooooooo... at least this happening shows that they haven't abandoned it or anything, cause I haven't seen anything mentioned since the last round of represses.

I wonder if Bongload plans on hopping in again on the ones they pressed originally

I know.  I actually snagged the Mellow Gold from Bongload's site several months ago.  Excellent sounding press and cool looking variant.  I think Odelay was the only other one they had and it was like a white/blue marble variant.  I already had Odelay so I passed on that one.

6 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

I know.  I actually snagged the Mellow Gold from Bongload's site several months ago.  Excellent sounding press and cool looking variant.  I think Odelay was the only other one they had and it was like a white/blue marble variant.  I already had Odelay so I passed on that one.

They did Mutations and Midnite Vultures originally too I thought

1 minute ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Only MV.  Mutations was released under Geffen.  Along with Modern Guilt and Sea Change.  So if/when MV happens, i'll bet BL will have it on their site for sale.

I'd buy the fuck out of MV as a pink/green variant that looks like the Mellow Gold press they did

just checked, original vinyl copy of Mutations was Bongload too
https://www.discogs.com/Beck-Mutations/release/461949

2 minutes ago, Holo said:

I'd buy the fuck out of MV as a pink/green variant that looks like the Mellow Gold press they did

just checked, original vinyl copy of Mutations was Bongload too
https://www.discogs.com/Beck-Mutations/release/461949

Hmmm, must've been some kind of merger or collaborative release effort between Geffen and Bongload.  I was just looking at the main artist page and what label was listed by each of the releases on discogs.  Guess we'll need to look out on Bongload for a Mutations release.

I have an original Mutations and MV. Both are Bongload. No Geffen Markings. 

Geffen released the CD of Mutations because people were gonna assume it was the official follow up to Odelay. Beck wanted Mutations to be a small indie release of stuff that was different than what people had expected from mellow Gold/Odelay. But because of Odelay's massive success, Geffen wanted to be a part of it, so thats how they put out the CD, while BL got the vinyl. 

Edited by timsimmons

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...