VINYL (HBO Show)

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, kgry said:

For fucks sake, I swear any show I like gets canceled. I guess at least HBO is bringing Deadwood back. 

My wife and I were talking about this cancelation lst night, seems like HBO is gonna be running low on good shows these soon. Girls, GoTs, those are both coming up on their last seasons. Aside from Curb and Silicon Valley I can't think of any other 'current' HBOs series I'm enamored by. 

2 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

My wife and I were talking about this cancelation lst night, seems like HBO is gonna be running low on good shows these soon. Girls, GoTs, those are both coming up on their last seasons. Aside from Curb and Silicon Valley I can't think of any other 'current' HBOs series I'm enamored by. 

They're banking heavily on Westworld being their next big success. Hopefully they pick up good shows again soon. They recently hired a new head of programming so maybe things could get better soon.

Westworld, Vice Principals, Gods and Secrets (assuming this is still happening, haven't heard anything in a while), Insecure (admittedly didn't watch the trailer yet but it sounds promising), Crashing (Apatow produced Pete Holmes semi autobiographical comedy series), Barry (written, directed by and starring Bill Hader as a hitman), plus plenty of other new shows in the pipeline. I'm sure at least a handful of them will stick.

And in terms of current stuff we've got the final season of the Leftovers, Veep is continuing I think, Ballers is a huge hit for them even if no one here really follows it, Silicon Valley is hilarious every week and I guess we may get a third season of True Detective.

Not very surprised that it got cancelled. As @morfiend said, it was definitely all over the place but for me, it started all making sense and gaining traction in my interest. I was really curious to see what the next would've brought esp. with Richie's potential murder thing and The Nasty Bits' future...or likely lack thereof as I'm sure they would be crashing & burning immediately.

• 1 year later...