The Money Pit - Self Titled (ex-gatsbys american dream)

Starting a new thread for this since we are talking about it in the old Gatsbys thread

Direct: http://www.moneypitmusic.com/#pre-order

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Money-Pit/dp/B0190HGM8M/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1451425771&sr=1-1&keywords=the+money+pit

Black

Mockup_30dollarbundle.jpg?format=1000w

Limited Variant

Mockup_50dollarbundle.jpg?format=1500w

i wonder if they even sell 10 of these at that price. 

They will. I even considered it because of how long I've been waiting for new stuff from Nic.

IF the $30 version was the splatter, I MIGHT have bought it, but I'm not proud of that.

This price point is stupid, but lots of people will pay it, sadly.

They will. I even considered it because of how long I've been waiting for new stuff from Nic.

IF the $30 version was the splatter, I MIGHT have bought it, but I'm not proud of that.

This price point is stupid, but lots of people will pay it, sadly.

I don't know about that. GAD stuff has never sold all that well. I think all 3 vinyl releases are not even close to sold out.

I don't know about that. GAD stuff has never sold all that well. I think all 3 vinyl releases are not even close to sold out.

This still blows my mind

Not sure this is a good investment for your portfolio, unfortunately. Resale values on this will likely be less than the up-front cost.

I'm listening to the sampler for this now, and I'm not sure I like it. Bobby's guitar sounds exactly like all his other stuff, including GADs. It's not a bad thing, but it'd have been nice to see change. Nic's vocals sound pretty lazy on the first 2 songs, but pick up on the later. It's not bad by any means, and is very GAD reminiscent, but it just does not leave any impact on me like GAD did. I'd buy it to support the guys, but $30 is crazy, maybe a digital copy when it's out will be worth it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...