Mr. Robot

2 hours ago, stl_ben said:

My theory was he had checked himself into a psych ward and was "imagining" it was his mom's.  So not quiet right, but close.

That theory definitely would have worked considering all things. Could see it going that way for sure, but I leaned towards prison because of a few key clues than said 'prison' over 'institution'. Either way, I loved this major plot point. 

20 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I have a few theories, but there is one theory that I think is more plausible than the others. I did catch on hints from as far back as the finale of season 1 that he was going to go to prison, but mostly throughout this season. The ending of this episode is exactly why I watch this show multiple times, cause there are so many small things you can miss your first viewing.

If you want me to give you my own theory as to why Elliot is in prison, and point out some of the things I saw to lead me to thinking he was in prison, I will.

All the information (for what you're asking about) is there. You just need to look very carefully. This show is so invested in the small details, easter eggs, and putting these small clues together yourself instead of just flat out telling you. Some of it can be really confusing if you missed one minor hint. Sometimes all it takes is a tiny bit of context knowing what one line, or even sometimes what one single word is really referring to. But there are still unanswered questions, but we have 5 more episodes to go. Things are really heating up. This is easily the smartest show on TV right now. Each episode just tops the next, and I'm so impressed how interwoven everything is, and how far thought out it is. Fuck.

Good points. Makes more sense when you pick things apart, for example Ray's muscle grabbing Elliott before they get busted and saying, "time to go back to your cell," leads me to believe they were correctional officers of some sort. It also makes the alley massacre more understandable, because that shit escalated very quickly! 

5 hours ago, kgry said:

Probably one of the better episodes of the season. Seems like they spent the first half on Elliot and now bringing fsociety back into it. Maybe bringing it all full circle by the end. What is with Angela sleeping around? Now she's moved onto guys in their 60s?

Yeah, I really enjoyed this episode. Glad to see them get their own episode, and see more what's going on with them. Shit is getting crazy with everyone. That part with Angela did throw me a bit. She looks so dead inside.

Are people interested in Angela's story?  Because I find her really boring.  She's been terrible at everything she's tried to do in this show and keeps failing upward to the point where I've taken to referring to her as the Lane Kiffin of Mr. Robot.  Most of her scenes don't seem to be telling me anything except that she is depressed/dead inside/bad at her job. 

I REALLY loved this last episode.  I'm kind of confused about the black dude she was on the date with though.  He's a plant by FBI chick to tail her?  Find out what she did?  That's what they implied, but it seems weird that she would randomly agree to go out with him, and then be having such a horrible time.  

The cliffhanger at the end was super frustrating too haha, because everything was fine!  (more or less).  Dude got released, the FBI has no idea of his real involvement...  so why was he late?  

9 hours ago, kgry said:

In the beginning I was. Now I think she's just lost in the corporate world trying to be an executive or something. Sleeping her way to the top.

(Damn VC not submitting.)

I really have faith in the writers that this has a deeper meaning. There has to be a reason she is doing this. I refuse to believe that they are just using her as filler, just working at Evil Corp., sleeping with old dudes, and getting shit faced every night. It has to hit a wall. There has be an apex where it all builds up and something happens. I just, I love this show too much for that not to happen.

2 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I really have faith in the writers that this has a deeper meaning. There has to be a reason she is doing this. I refuse to believe that they are just using her as filler, just working at Evil Corp., sleeping with old dudes, and getting shit faced every night. It has to hit a wall. There has be an apex where it all builds up and something happens. I just, I love this show too much for that not to happen.

She's either up to some shit or the show is using her to show "Hey look, money and power will corrupt you!"

On 8/29/2016 at 9:03 PM, Dave Grohl said:

Yeah.... there's a reason she's there.  Something is going to give.  I don't know what it is, but this show has been too fucking crazy and complex for her story arc to be that plain and simple.  

Maybe she kills the CEO dude in the end, as vengeance for her mom.  Something crazy like that.  I'm kinda bummed I'm going to be in Boston tomorrow seeing GIAA instead of watching this lol

we gotta wait a whole other week now?!?!!?  faaaaaaack.

I thought last week's episode was the best ever, but this one might top it.  I have no fucking clue where this is all going.  Didn't see E-Corp CEO being in on the con coming.  That was a surprise.  

People are saying Elliot is Tyrell, but I don't think that theory holds weight.  

58 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

Well i dont know how you guys aren't talking about the new episode this week. Man was that some good stuff. Also way to after that, Elliot, mah boi.

Cause my brain is still processing how fucking amazing that episode was. Probably the best episodes in the series so far*. My eyes actually watered when it ended from excitement. As soon as the motorcycle came into frame I knew what was about to happen. I just mutter 'oh shit ... oh shit ... it's gonna happen ... oh fuck'. This is easily my favorite non-comedy show ever. It might be my favorite show ever depending on how the rest of the season / series plays out. I've never begged so many people to watch a tv show before. It is easily the smartest show on tv. Jesus christ, my eyes are still wide open from that last few minutes. How they manage to have a cliff hanger with every episode as compelling, and dramatic as the last, if not more, is a fucking triumph.

Fuck it. Yeah, this is my favorite show of all time. It beats Seinfeld, Community, and Scrubs. Fuck. This show is everything I want in a TV show, and more.

* I checked IMDB, and it's the highest rated episode of the series. 9.6/10

23 hours ago, Brody said:

I really like the show but the commercials and monetization (buy his composition notebook!) are starting to piss me off.  There are literally 1 to 2 minute segments between commercials lately.  I'm gonna start watching via bit torrent to limit the hypocrisy...

I haven't watched a single episode via cable / satellite; I refuse. I want to watch them with 0 interruptions. This show is too intense to have commercials. I have s1 on bluray now, and will buy s2 when it comes out.

Edited by Dave Grohl