PO: Yo La Tengo/I Can Hear the Heart...RE

Maybe he thought it's a new album? Anyway I love this album, it's my favourite along with May I Sing With Me and Summer Sun.

That's kind of what I thought too, but clarification would be nice.  Also, if the poster thought this was a new album, I don't think I can trust his/her opinion on YLT one bit :lol:

That's kind of what I thought too, but clarification would be nice. Also, if the poster thought this was a new album, I don't think I can trust his/her opinion on YLT one bit :lol:

Haha, nope one of my favorites. I was talking about the 2009 reissue. Terrible popping and clicking through out the first disk. But I did buy it second hand, so who knows.

I heard from a couple people that it wasnt that good of a pressing... Glad you got a good one. I'll have to check it out.

There was one or two people in the Extra Painful thread who were unhappy with it, but the majority of us seemed rather pleased.  It's doesn't sound mind blowingly great by any means, but I thought it sounded good overall.  The supplement material is a nice to have too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ever, ever so slightly cheaper at Amazon

But... that's not why I'm posting. A couple years back, my best friend got engaged. He happened to have this record on while doing so (a record I had given him!), and I got a bit of an idea. I e-mailed Yo La Tengo, with no real expectation of hearing back, and whaddaya know? They wrote me back, and helped me arrange getting a copy signed and drawn on (people heading into the church!) for their wedding present. Such nice people.