[PO Now]: Joanna Newsom- Divers (10/23/15)

large_DC561.jpg

Anecdotes 6:27

Sapokanikan 5:11

Leaving the City 3:48

Goose Eggs 5:01

Waltz of the 101st Lightborne 5:22

The Things I Say 2:35

Divers 7:07

Same Old Man 2:26

You Will Not Take My Heart Alive 4:01

A Pin-Light Bent 4:26

Time, As a Symptom 5:28

2xLP and Cassette PO's here

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this will be in a box set similar to Have One On Me. $28 on Drag City and $34 on amazon seems pretty high for a 2xLP on an independent label.

http://boards.4chan.org/mu/thread/59756760/has-anyone-received-their-copy-of-divers-other

DC always goes high end with JN's releases.  Thicker card stock, lots of prints and inserts, and (for those who pre-odered) a pretty swell poster.  No box, as this is only a 2LP.  Though that Amazon price is ridiculous.  It's totally fucking worth $30.

Also, it has leaked.

http://boards.4chan.org/mu/thread/59756760/has-anyone-received-their-copy-of-divers-other

DC always goes high end with JN's releases.  Thicker card stock, lots of prints and inserts, and (for those who pre-odered) a pretty swell poster.  No box, as this is only a 2LP.  Though that Amazon price is ridiculous.  It's totally fucking worth $30.

Also, it has leaked.

The packaging does look really great for what they're charging. I may wait to see if amazon drops it in price a little because they have the auto rip deal and I'm assuming Drag City still doesn't put in download codes.

I had no idea Joanna Newsom fans could be such idiots. Urgh, man I'm glad this forum isn't like that.

Been listening to the new album quite a bit, and I have to say I think its great. Really enjoying it, feels like she has more control over her voice with each album, and as much as I enjoy her earlier work it really does feel like she's stepped up and pushed herself. Gutted I can't make any of her shows, but I'm sure she'll be back.

Very, very interesting album.  I'm forced to go back and listen for eternity, as I don't think I will ever be able to absorb all of the music nor all of the lyrics on this thing.  Her voice was an instant turn off, but I went back to it and eventually told myself it was similar to Alt-J's froggy voice or even Guttermouth's numerous voice approach.  Her voice only adds to the artistic quality of this release.  

Between Joanna Newsom, Julia Holter, and Julien Baker, I'm loving these ladies. 

I love the detail in the packaging for this. The glossy gate fold front and back cover transitioning into matte finish on the inside of the gate fold, black inner sleeves that have rounded corners softening the aesthetic, the separate pocket for the art and lyric prints, the wonderful artwork throughout. Befits the music very well.