Visiting Boston In A Couple Weeks - What Should I Do

I'm heading to Boston in a couple weeks and I need help figuring out what to do

- Record Stores

- Lame Touristy stuff

- Cool Restaurants 

- Any other fun things that come to mind like art museums and whatnot

I'm not stuck to Boston either I'll be there for about a week so anything in the surrounding area would be cool too

Also if anyone from the area wants to meet up I'd love to meet some VC peeps in the real life, like grab a beer. Or not cuz I'm boring.....Thanks

Armageddon is cool, also right near a big (as far as vinyl selection goes) Newbury Comics. For beer and food, check out Lord Hobo, Meadhall, and Area Four. All this stuff is in Cambridge/Somerville. My favorite touristy things are the Museum of Science and the Aquarium. 

Planned on checking out Armageddon. I plan on checking out at least a few of those places. Thanks!!

Each and every time I go to Boston (about once a year for the past 18 or so), I usually hit up:

Armaggedon and Newbury for record shopping/browsing.

Drinks and food @ River Gods, The Miracle of Science, Friendly Toast, and a few other places. Oh yeah...the Middle East on any random night will have bands playing in their upstairs and that's always a treat. 

In recent years I've made it a point to hit up Roxy's Grilled Cheese truck and now they have a brick-and-mortar location so that's awesome too. 

Do the Duck tour if you haven't been to Boston before

YES!!! We did this the first or second time we went up...and it was a lot of fun. 

Also, if you don't mind sweating your ass off being that it's summertime...do the Freedom Trail walk. If you're into history, that's well-worth it and you hit all the historical spots in Boston. 

If you like Italian food then check out Rinos place... Amazing lobster ravioli.

Check out Faneuil hall as well. One Newbury comics location is in that same area... But the one you want is on Newbury street. Make sure you have a spare hour or so if you want to look through everything.

The museum of fine arts is always a good time. I don't like contemporary art but if that's for you then the ICA there as well. I've seen a pink Floyd dark side of the moon laser show at the museum of science, not sure what events they will have going on when you go but that wasn't too bad.