Karate / Geoff Farina / Secret Stars thread

On 8/12/2015 at 12:37 AM, thepunkguy said:

I saw them a few times .

one time in NYC at a place called the Fridge or something (it was an old meat locker, I know, weird venue)..

but I never got to see him solo or Secret Stars.

that would have been cool.

I wonder if we petition Southern, we can get them to put out his solo records on LP.

I was badgering them about reissuing Karate stuff probably 5 years ago now, and they said they were later that year. Guess they had a change of heart. 

10 hours ago, aopps42 said:

I was badgering them about reissuing Karate stuff probably 5 years ago now, and they said they were later that year. Guess they had a change of heart. 

I'm pretty sure Southern went under completely and the circumstances were not great.  I believe a number of artists looking to get their masters back have had a hard time and I think that's been part of what's been holding up reissues of Karate stuff.

However, there's some talk of Numero Group putting together reissues of all their material now, which would be awesome.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, KaitouG said:

I think I've only seen that for the Crimpshrine box, they usually release the box before the individual releases

That actually sounds closer to the truth.  I just can't think of a time where I felt like I was done dirty by buying individual copies only to have a discounted boxset released later on.

Just now, DecayToDeath said:

Oh good catch

Also inverted in the sense that Numero's variants seem to focus on the main "canvas" color of the album art, while PV's are a nod to the accent colors featured in the middle.  I think they all look (or sound) great though.  Can't go wrong.  I'm really pleased to see Seam being reissued through Numero, too.  Really hope to bundle more Seam and Karate together down the road.