Karate / Geoff Farina / Secret Stars thread

59 minutes ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

Cool, this goes to show that it’s not worth feeding the scalpers on Discogs. We just have to be patient and monitor the threads. 

I’d hardly call people selling 20+ year old indie albums scalpers. I mean, it’s not like they’re flipping the UO variant of something and listing on eBay while they’re still in preorder.

These things are long out of print, highly regarded classics. That’s basically any good used record store’s bread and butter.

40 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

I’d hardly call people selling 20+ year old indie albums scalpers. I mean, it’s not like they’re flipping the UO variant of something and listing on eBay while they’re still in preorder.

These things are long out of print, highly regarded classics. That’s basically any good used record store’s bread and butter.

Strong agree.  I know it can get messy trying to define “just how long do I have to wait until I can resell something and not be a flipper?”, but 20+ years seems more than adequate.

Edited by Derek™

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, mitchard said:

Did anyone who ordered the bundle from Numero Group just get UPS tracking from WEA ECOMM GNARLYWOOD fulfillment?

I just got that email and it didn't have any indication of which company the order was from, but I'm thinking it might be this!

I got the same notification, and I also ordered the "90's bundle" thing direct from Numero, so you might be right.

Edited by iwokeinrelief

On 8/2/2021 at 8:29 PM, swallowtales said:

grabbed the two that are up, hope i haven't jumped the gun with a boxset forthcoming!

Is a box set confirmed? I haven't seen anything about that. (Would be amazing, though!)

Side note: I wrote to Numero months ago when the first digital versions were posted to Bandcamp. I had two questions: 

A, Would there be vinyl versions as well?

B, If so, would these releases be remastered at all from the original versions?

The initial reply back that I got was "I don't understand your questions." lol 

Eventually, I got a 'yes' and a 'yes', thankfully.

1 hour ago, bannedinjapan said:

Is a box set confirmed? I haven't seen anything about that. (Would be amazing, though!)

Side note: I wrote to Numero months ago when the first digital versions were posted to Bandcamp. I had two questions: 

A, Would there be vinyl versions as well?

B, If so, would these releases be remastered at all from the original versions?

The initial reply back that I got was "I don't understand your questions." lol 

Eventually, I got a 'yes' and a 'yes', thankfully.

Nah there hasn't been a set confirmed, I was just speculating and hoping I don't end up buying two copies that way haha.

1 minute ago, iwokeinrelief said:

Out of curiosity, what was it? Mine hasn’t arrived yet and I’m wondering what this is now.

Hayley Williams' Flowers for Vases/Descansos. Ended up getting an email from the store with that tracking number yesterday.

Edited by mitchard

I’m assuming everyone got this email, but if not: 

Hi All, we were hoping it wouldn't come to this but figured best to give a shipping update for the Karate Records / 90s Bundle / etc... This year has been really tough one on the global vinyl supply chain. Supply shortages, labor shortages, raw material shortages, long lead times and even longer to replace damaged parts / products,  covid related quarantine shutdowns, manufacturing capacity shortages and increased competition, global shipping hiccups, machines breaking and lack of replacement parts / labor, etc...

Anyways, it's been a tough one but we are pretty confident that all the orders should go out this week. We have shipping confirmation on what is hopefully the last pieces of the various 90s Bundles arriving at HQ within the next couple of days. We are hoping everything checks in with the correct quantity and in good condition and then we can get them out the door.

Sincerest thanks from the whole crew at Numero Group. As music and vinyl lovers ourselves, we know how much a delay really blows. Good news is that things on the global scale are looking to be much smoother for all the upcoming projects!

I’m super excited to get the 90’s bundle but plsssss get the rights to the other three full lengths. I imagine they’re trying but someone had mentioned that they were on a different label, so who knows.

(forgot this was a karate thread. I’m talking about Seam)

Edited by parkinglot