Karate / Geoff Farina / Secret Stars thread

Just now, Derek™ said:

Yeah.  I initially hopped on that Codeine when I saw it pop up, thinking I was gonna’ support Numero with $40 or so.  But then the rest rolled in… seemingly perpetually.

I saw the Duster email come in, and then went to the home page cause I saw that post and was like ok let me add Unwound, then saw Karate and Current. Think I’m gonna do Current, Unwound, and Karate. I was saving for new wheels for my car, but that can wait now. Haha. 

1 minute ago, Bronchitis said:

I’m not an audiophile by any means and just needed some decent bookshelf speakers so my son can’t knock them over. I grabbed the Klipsch RP-600Ms after hearing really good things. 

Those are absolutely fantastic and some of the best speakers at their price point. We sell them a lot at work. I’m a big fan of Klispch. If you ever want a hook up, let me know. I can get you stuff at cost. Same goes for other cool people in here who like Numero. 

Just now, Sad Heart said:

Those are absolutely fantastic and some of the best speakers at their price point. We sell them a lot at work. I’m a big fan of Klispch. If you ever want a hook up, let me know. I can get you stuff at cost. Same goes for other cool people in here who like Numero. 

Heck yeah. I appreciate it!

So confused as to why they reissued the first three Karate records individually and then are doing the rest as a box set. Like, either put them all together or make them all separate. I already own all the OGs anyway so all I need is Cancel/Sing and the 7-inch but neither are going to made available individually for at least a few years. 

8 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

So for money purposes, I think I’ll have to limit myself to the Duster box set and the Codeine album.   But which variants to get?

If I were in your shoes, I’d 100% go with the clear Duster box.  (That cloudy green mess is a no-go.)  Can’t beat the sharp aesthetic of clear vinyl with monochrome packaging on the box itself, and it fits with the individual jackets a lot more than the green does.

For Codeine, you can’t lose with either choice.  They’re both great picks.

(None of this factors in potential rarity, if that’s something that drives your decision.  If so, I’d provably grab whatever is not featured in bundles.)

Just my 2¢.

12 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

(None of this factors in potential rarity, if that’s something that drives your decision.  If so, I’d provably grab whatever is not featured in bundles.)

Just my 2¢.

They do mention pressing numbers in the tweets, from today. Everything in the bundle seems to be the most rare variants that are on their store. Outside of the white Karate box.

I had to go with the green, I’m not sure I can fuck with opaque sea blue anymore, even though I do probably have more green records than almost anything else.

Also, I really do like green Duster box, but your point is totally on. I’m considering grabbing a second one, if they last until next week or I can get rid of some shit.

14 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

If I were in your shoes, I’d 100% go with the clear Duster box.  (That cloudy green mess is a no-go.)  Can’t beat the sharp aesthetic of clear vinyl with monochrome packaging on the box itself, and it fits with the individual jackets a lot more than the green does.

Just my 2¢.

Yeah I was leaning toward Diamond Clear and Almost Green variants for each one.  While I wouldn’t mind a clear variant, the Diamond clear appears almost gray which is perfect 

Last year's '90s bundle was great, but they really outdid themselves this year. Reckon if it sticks around for another few days I'll happily buy in. Also, glad I put off buying Live Leaves for so long, seeing as how this version adds December and October All Over to the tracklist. Praise be to the Numero Group!

8 hours ago, scottheisel said:

So confused as to why they reissued the first three Karate records individually and then are doing the rest as a box set.

As a 200-Line completionist that 215.1 is going to be a glaring hole, hopefully they do at least a slipcase or have another box with some sort of singles comp.