Karate / Geoff Farina / Secret Stars thread

• 1 month later...

Spied this on Reddit earlier; looks like TBIITO isn't far off now.  Hopefully it gets paired with at least 1 more album to save on shipping with these reissues.

h7j1imfnub381.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Someone in the thread also confirmed with Polyvinyl that they'll be doing their own exclusives for each reissued album, too.  You'll want to hit up both Numero and PV when they start popping up, to either decide on your preferred color [or to grab both].

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Oh yeah! Bummed it’s a stand alone, and not paired with an/other release/s. 

I don’t see Polyvinyl dropping their variant today(just announced a new Yumi Zouma LP), but imma buy that shit too.

I dont know that they'll have their own variant this time. I don't recall them posting the numero variant for any of the other releases.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

1 minute ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

I dont know that they'll have their own variant this time. I don't recall them posting the numero variant for any of the other releases.

Yeah, saw your post right as I posted mine. I don’t recall they did. But from the looks of it, if anyone still needs the first two, PV have their variants in stock. Score for someone.

Anyways, if that’s the case, that’s a bummer.

Yeah, I'm leaning toward's Randall's rationale here.  Or maybe it's just what my wallet wants to believe.  I know PV were on the ball in dropping their exclusives simultaneously, with the last 2 reissues.  Seems odd that they'd be so punctual once again, but withhold their own variant.  I guess we don't know for sure, since production issues [or whatever else] could have thrown a wrench into their plans.  But I wouldn't be surprised if this is all we get.

All the same, I'm stoked to see this reissue campaign chug along, and I think this variant is great, so it's tough for me to complain.

1 minute ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

I'm never a fan of the split color stuff, but even I have to admit it's a nice looking variant and I can't imagine a better fit with the cover.

My man.  Anti-split for life.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611bfa091cc64d577aa37

Numero does those "tri stripe" variants pretty tastefully.  They almost got me to double-dip on that Duster Stratosphere a while back.  It's not my favorite configuration but the colors are on point and I don't have much like in my library... so, at least this time, I'll allow it.

59 minutes ago, mitchard said:

spacer.png

This is the only "pie tri" variant I've ever loved. They usually don't do much for me, but this one has always been an exception. 

Coincidentally, it's basically the same colors as TBIITO... so maybe it's the color combo more than anything else. 

Does that match the interior of a gatefold or something?  Because outside of the yellow I really don't see how it plays into the album cover, myself.  You could be onto something with being drawn to that color combo.

Well I was going to wait until Unsolved got repressed and buy them both together.

I think it's going to be a while before Unsolved gets repressed though.

HERE ME OUT:

Ken Shipley from Numero is on Discogs and has each of the first three test presses in his collection already. There's no test press entry for Unsolved, meaning he probably doesn't have it in hand yet. So I'm guessing it won't be announced until the end of the year, at least.

TL;DR: I bought The Bed Is In The Ocean and I'm excited.

Edited by prowl20

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Does that match the interior of a gatefold or something?  Because outside of the yellow I really don't see how it plays into the album cover, myself.  You could be onto something with being drawn to that color combo.

Not really, variants were kind of all over the place though. This is one of the few times where I went out of my way to get an OOP variant based on color alone, when the next pressing was readily available. Good thing vinyl was still cheap back in 2008, despite HH still being pretty sought after at the time. 😀

Edited by mitchard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...