Karate / Geoff Farina / Secret Stars thread

12 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

They do mention pressing numbers in the tweets, from today. Everything in the bundle seems to be the most rare variants that are on their store. Outside of the white Karate box.

I had to go with the green, I’m not sure I can fuck with opaque sea blue anymore, even though I do probably have more green records than almost anything else.

Good catch on the pressing info.  I checked out those tweets – didn't see anything for that silver Fake Train though.  Did I miss it or have you seen it mentioned elsewhere?

Also, maybe I looked right over it, but where did you gather that the blue Dessau is opaque?

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Good catch on the pressing info.  I checked out those tweets – didn't see anything for that silver Fake Train though.  Did I miss it or have you seen it mentioned elsewhere?

Also, maybe I looked right over it, but where did you gather that the blue Dessau is opaque?

Didn’t see any info on Fake Train. I don’t think they mentioned it, on any of their socials, at all, yesterday. Same way they didn’t mention any of the other Unwound color variants until far after we all knew about them.

As for Dessau, sea blue used to mean a light translucent blue years ago, but recently I’ve noticed it being a deep opaque blue (refer back to that insanely stupid Touche thread from a couple years ago). So it’s purely speculation. But anytime I’ve seen a sea blue variant, within the last five years, it’s been a dark solid blue. The mock up definitely makes me think it will be. If not, well fuck me!

3 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Fuck it. Grabbed the Karate box; sorry, wallet. Whatever, I’ve been working 55+ hour weeks the last two months so I’m treating myself. 

I was pulling those hours in the ER up until the end of last month when I quit to start med school. Treating myself was the only thing that kept my head on straight. You deserve it.

On 6/22/2022 at 5:26 PM, Sad Heart said:

Fuck it. Grabbed the Karate box; sorry, wallet. Whatever, I’ve been working 55+ hour weeks the last two months so I’m treating myself. 

55+ hour work-weeks or not, I think that's a great decision. 👍 Have you seen what some of the OG presses of those albums are fetching these days?  No way you or anyone else are obtaining those records for cheaper anytime soon.  Glad you grabbed it because it seems like there are very few configurations / choices left for that set.

On 6/21/2022 at 9:13 PM, OldKentuckyShark said:

While I wouldn’t mind a clear variant, the Diamond clear appears almost gray which is perfect 

Someone uploaded pics of this variant on Discogs, and they're indeed clear.  Which still have an understated beauty, but yeah – adjust expectations accordingly, etc.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

55+ hour work-weeks or not, I think that's a great decision. 👍 Have you seen what some of the OG presses of those albums are fetching these days?  No way you or anyone else are obtaining those records for cheaper anytime soon.  Glad you grabbed it because it seems like there are very few configurations / choices left for that set.

Someone uploaded pics of this variant on Discogs, and they're indeed clear.  Which still have an understated beauty, but yeah – adjust expectations accordingly, etc.

Yah, you’re not wrong; definitely very expensive. And like with most Numero releases that I hold off on, I knew I’d regret this if I waited and it sold out. Didn’t want to risk that. 

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah I’m going with the green splatter.  Between that and just clear I’ll take the splatter.

the grey would have been perfect.  Clear doesn’t not match but it’s kind of boring.  I’ll go with the more interesting variant in the case of neither really being a great match.  

Edited by OldKentuckyShark

• 2 weeks later...