10" vinyl record love

Checked the collection. I found much more of 10inches than I thought. Three I just need to mention (cause forgot them in previous post) are pg.99 with their killer "Document #8", The Swarm AKA Knee Deep in Dead (pre-Cursed) and Chiens from France. If you're a fan of extreme music check their "Vultures Are Our Future". It will blow your ears off.

I might have to try this. Is there any problem that could arise by doing this? The bag melts into the jacket or something, maybe?

As far as I can tell there is no danger in using one. If anything, a ziplock bag is thicker and more sturdy than your average polybag. Some types have branding but its on the outside of the bag anyway so you wouldn't have to worry about ink bleeding onto the record jacket.  

Pt9151u.jpg

Perfect Fit!

8kWDprH.jpg

Branding on the bag but whatever. It saves the annoyance of using a 12" bag with all that extra room or having to spend extra on 10" bags 

I enjoy EPs....usually no filler with EPs...just enough music to get a decent track flow as well. Thusly, I enjoy 10" records.

Grade -- Separate The Magnets is great

Gaslight Anthem -- Señor and Queen as the 10" version is perfect

At The Drive-In -- Vaya is unstoppable

Face to Face -- Econo Live is great

The Get Up Kids -- Red Letter Day is just banger after banger

Ume -- Sunshower is phenomenal

I absolutely love 10" EPs.....double disc 10" full lengths are a bother though. I've never understood why Kid A and Amnesiac were pressed as double disc 10"

I really feel like 10" is perfect for EPs though

10" EPs are fine but please  no double 10" LPs... 

I think that Fall Out Boy - Pax Am Days is the most tiring (in terms of rumtime-to-times you have to turn over/change records ratio) release I own. It's a 2x7" with two songs on each time...total runtime of the EP is like 14 minutes.

Two labels come to mind that pressed oodles of the 10 inchers... pre-2000. 

Sm:)e Communications

and 

SST Records

Both whom I adore.

My interpretation of these two labels pressing an abundance 10"s were kind of a fuck you to the status quo. And I like that.

But hey, to each their own. 

This one still reigns supreme in my collection:

Weezer - Say It Ain't So

...and this (because the 7" doesn't do the Pettibone art justice):

http://www.discogs.com/Minutemen-Paranoid-Time/release/1201994

I think the most irritating 10's are the Pearl Jam fan club '03 & '10 holiday singles. They had been releasing 7's for the club single then switched to a 10" for 2003 and 2010. Any other 10c people also a little chapped by this?

Go read the 10C forums for about 6 months following. Doesn't matter when, whenever the smallest opportunity arose I'm sure they let you know :P