10" vinyl record love

I think that 10 inches are great and I approve this topic!  I have a bunch in my collection...made me look through my list.

G. Love - Bloodshot and Blue EP

G. Love and Special Sauce - Sweet N Blues EP

G. Love and Special Sauce - Blues Music

G. Love and Special Sauce - Stepping Stones

G. Love and Special Sauce - Cold Beverage

G. Love and Special Sauce - Outasight

G. Love and Special Sauce - Rodeo Clowns

Magnet - Where Happiness Lives EP

Magnet - Chasing Dreams EP

Albert Hammond JR - AHJ EP

Spoon - Inside Out / Rent I Pay single

Wilco - Speak Into The Rose

Mark Lanegan - Live at Union

Mark Lanegan Band - Here Comes That Weird Chill EP

Soulsavers - Kingdom of Rain

Eels - ElectroShockBlues

Beck - The Information - box set contains 10 inch

Beck - A Western Harvest By Moonlight

Mark Lanegan and Duke Garwood - Cold Molly

The Cure - Singles 4 Track EP

The Cure - Live 2012

The Cure - Live at Royal Albert Hall

The Cure - Half an Octopus

However...the worst 10 inch I have in my collection goes to the idiot who thought that Queens of the Stone Age should release Era Vulgaris on  3 Xs 10 inch.  Nobody should do that...EVER!

They are perfect for EPs and I wish more bands released 10 inches.  It is a "fan thing" for sure, but I really like when a band haphazardly spreads b sides, live stuff and obscure tracks on 10 inches of wax.

Somewhat related. A domestic ebay seller had 2 copies of The Good Natured Skeleton 10" EP. It's rarely for sale in the states. I got one of the copies. One still for sale here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Good-Natured-SKELETON-EP-10-45-RPM-Vinyl-Jul-4-2011-/400933284878?hash=item5d597c6c0e

You can check them out here:

Entirely possible I am the only one who gives a crap.

Maybe it's because I don't have too many but I feel like the 10" are the outcasts of my record collection.  They just sit there on the bottom shelf separated from the 12" records from the same artist.  

My favorites I have are: 

Arctic Monkeys - Who The Fuck are Arctic Monkeys

The Velvet Teen - Elysium

I think that 10"s are the perfect embodiment of an "EP" - they are a little pricy considering that you can press a 12" for the same price, but they have a lot more options for cool artwork.

For me:

7" = single

10" = EP

12" = LP

Pretty much this. I do also like certain EPs as a one sided 12" with a screened B-Side. Looking at you here (and a few other awesome releases too.)

I have about 20-30 10" records and they are great alternatives to 2x7" (looking at you Euro press Gaslight Anthem Señor and the Queen) and WOULD make a great alternative (looking at you Hot Water Music Moonpies for Misfits.)

As AlexH and a few other people have said pressing them is cost prohibitive and really are a terrible option when an album is pressed on multiple 10"s

I have way more than I thought. There was a point where I enjoyed them because I hadn't seen them much, but now really don't care too much.

At The Drive In - Vaya

Bad Secrets - Bad Secrets

Built to Spill/Caustic Resin - Built to Spill Caustic Resin

El Buzzard - Tranquilizantédel Elefanté

Mogwai - Les Revenants EP

Mogwai - Ten Rapid: Collected Recordings 1996-1997

Mogwai - Zidane: A 21st Century Portrait EP

Mogwai/Bardo Pond - US Tour Split

Sebadoh - Secret EP

Silver Mt. Zion Memorial - "Born Into Trouble As The Sparks Fly Upward."

Slint - Untitled

Plus a couple Neutral Milk Hotel ones from the box. I have a 12" of the Botch EP but have been thinking about buying the 10" version too.

I ordered some 10" inner 'audiophile' plastic sleeves (rounded bottom, Diskeeper type, but generic) since I got tired of using my 12" Disckeeper stash and the top sticking out, etc.  It's nice using these in that I only have to wet clean once and then just brush clean after - usually not necessary but do it anyways.

I've got about 75 extras that I'll list in the Sale forum, probably lots of 5 or 10 as the smallest; they are ultralight and thin. I'll have to figure up shipping - it may even be possible to fit in a 1st class regular envelope but I haven't measured them yet. Max would be $2.75 for a record mailer.

I ordered some 10" inner 'audiophile' plastic sleeves (rounded bottom, Diskeeper type, but generic) since I got tired of using my 12" Disckeeper stash and the top sticking out, etc. It's nice using these in that I only have to wet clean once and then just brush clean after - usually not necessary but do it anyways.

I've got about 75 extras that I'll list in the Sale forum, probably lots of 5 or 10 as the smallest; they are ultralight and thin. I'll have to figure up shipping - it may even be possible to fit in a 1st class regular envelope but I haven't measured them yet. Max would be $2.75 for a record mailer.

I'll take like 30 at least. Need to count how many I have when I get home.

Granted 2x10"s are a bit much, but the 1st press of Murder by Death's In Bocca al Lupo is preety sweet.

I recently put an order in with bags unlimited for new LP poly sleeves. I've also needed a few 10" sleeves for a while, but not anything close to a full bag. However, i thought what the hell and ordered anyway. So I got what i ordered poly sleeves to fit 10" records, but not the covers. Reading is not just for smart people i suppose.

Granted 2x10"s are a bit much, but the 1st press of Murder by Death's In Bocca al Lupo is preety sweet.

I recently put an order in with bags unlimited for new LP poly sleeves. I've also needed a few 10" sleeves for a while, but not anything close to a full bag. However, i thought what the hell and ordered anyway. So I got what i ordered poly sleeves to fit 10" records, but not the covers. Reading is not just for smart people i suppose.

That MBD pressing is ultra cool and ULTRA inconvenient. You need so much space available just to access the records. I was stoked when the single LP version was released just to make it easier to listen to.

Somewhat related. A domestic ebay seller had 2 copies of The Good Natured Skeleton 10" EP. It's rarely for sale in the states. I got one of the copies. One still for sale here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Good-Natured-SKELETON-EP-10-45-RPM-Vinyl-Jul-4-2011-/400933284878?hash=item5d597c6c0e

You can check them out here:

Entirely possible I am the only one who gives a crap.

I actually dug this :D

I love it when the kids study up on the 80s records I loved to listen to back in the day. So tempted to grab the other one ;)