"Respect The Classics" Reissues

Hope this doesnt start an onslaught of people attacking me for posting something thats been posted / wrong place. I did a search and didnt see a thread dedicated to this so i figured it couldnt hurt!

So what i was wondering is if anyone who owns records issued by RTC/UME could answer me this. How faithful are these reissues to the original releases? As far as mastering, album art, etc. Im mostly curious if they retain the original labels. Does anyone own or know if the reissue of Eazy Duz It has the original Ruthless label?

Figured we could share info about upcoming relesaes here too. I saw the 2xLP clear reissue of Ludacris' Word Of Mouth today! Seems like a sweet deal. Definitely been wanting to pick up Like Water For Chocolate but RTP can be real pricey.:/

I own the Get Rich Or Die Tryin' release from them and it sounds great. It seems to be a identical release to the original as far as the actual pressing itself goes. I don't own the original vinyl release so I may be wrong but from the research I've done that's how it seems. It's definitely a step above the CD version that I do own.

It includes a neat lithograph cover but unfortunately isn't gatefold. It's not a deal breaker, but for the price paid I expected it to be gatefold since it is two vinyl.

I own the Get Rich Or Die Tryin' release from them and it sounds great. It seems to be a identical release to the original as far as the actual pressing itself goes. I don't own the original vinyl release so I may be wrong but from the research I've done that's how it seems. It's definitely a step above the CD version that I do own.

It includes a neat lithograph cover but unfortunately isn't gatefold. It's not a deal breaker, but for the price paid I expected it to be gatefold since it is two vinyl.

I had an original press of grodt which also wasnt a gatefold. Definitely planning to pick up the reissue!

Step In The Arena was really underwhelming. Sound quality was really meh, and I was disappointed they didn't spread it into a double lp with it being 25 min a side, a missed opportunity. High pricetags and a bad first experience have prevented me from buying more from this series. Have been more impressed with Get On Down as far as hip hop reissues

Picked up 50 Cent's Get Rich this weekend. It was open so i got 25% off. It seems to be very similar sounding to the OG press. Then again im not much of an audiophile to give a true impression. It has a fairly audiable surface noise just like the OG did. Well at least thats how mine was anyway. I didnt realize until now that the lenticular cover is easily removable.

Very happy about that!

So i guess based on what everyone's said here we can conclude RTP reissues arent anything to write home about as far as audio quality. I was mainly concerned with their comparison to the original pressings. Having said that, i think their prices are way too rowdies for what you get, which is imo a bare bones pressing (unless you count the releases with the lenticular covers haha).

• 7 months later...