PO Now: Dr. Dre - Compton

The new album from Dre is now available for preorder on vinyl. Says that it's 180 gram and a gatefold. Also, the first 150 will be autographed by Dr. Dre, but I assume those are long gone. The price is HIGH! Shipping is HIGH! I imagine this will be widely available cheaper than this.

https://www.drdre.com/store/compton-vinyl

Side note: I really like this album.

I'm so bummed they didn't put this track in the movie but Dre and Cube probably didn't want to give Easy that much leeway haha. Flick is decent though. Sold out and all that shit. Looking to make $60 million in the box office this week as well. But yeah, this album desperately needed Nate Dogg R.I.P.

Finally got to listen to it. I really appreciate the crafting of the songs here and i suppose its not bad to be current. Maybe i am one

Of those people caught up in a dated Dre sound but i am very dissapointed. Throughout the last 16 years, there have been a lot of sneak peaks into Detox. From the artists Dre's produced to the actual leaked music from the album (exclude I Need A Doctor cause that song always sucked), i expected a very different sound from this album. I definitely am not up on the current sound and trends of hip hop but i dont hear that glorious G Funk sound at all (Save for Talking To My Diary). Those ivory riffs hes so known for, that bass, its just not here.

I get that hes doing something else and the music isnt garbage. Its just extremely underwhelming imo. I expected something much more climactic i guess.

I can understand the animosity some people have towards this album. It is nothing like his older stuff and I can be like that when it comes to some of my favorite bands or artists. I never really had huge ties with Dre's music before this. So, this album was just fresh hip hop for me to listen to. So I love it.