2 8 1 4 - 新しい日の誕生 (Birth of a New Day) - 2XLP IndieGoGo campaign (w/ exclusive cassettes lmtd to 50)

cfwssyyj4yof3wpzzp3v.png

Dream Catalogue just put up an IndieGoGo compaign to press their 2015 album 新しい日の誕生 (Birth of a New Day) on 2XLP 180 gram black vinyl. 

This is an incredible vaporwave project, I definitely encourage everyone to back it. There's also a package which includes both the cassette for this album and the 2814 debut album - those debut cassettes are exclusive to this campaign and limited to only 50 copies.

Listen: https://dreamcatalogue.bandcamp.com/album/--18

Debut album stream: https://ailanthusrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/--2 

Donate / Buy: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/2814-on-2xlp-12-inch-vinyl--2/#/story 

vaporwave is indeed a thing! you should check it out, it's a lot less absurd than it sounds - it was actually started by some early Daniel Lopatin (Oneohtrix Point Never) projects. however, this particular album strays from traditional vaporwave more towards ambient experimental territory.

and it's also available at name-your-price through the band camp, so if you're on the fence, give it a download and listen for yourself! I've been totally smitten with it since I found it over on the cassette collective board. beautiful watery textures and decaying echoes everywhere. sounds just like the cover looks - like a melancholy rainy neon-soaked Tokyo night in the future.

Already cosigned this in the Cassette Collective section, but this thing is epic. Technically falls into the vaporwave genre, but it's one of the best ambient releases of the year. Honestly, it's one of my favorite albums of the year in any genre. Picked up the Not Not Fun cassette when it went up a few days ago and ordered the LP bundle with the exclusive tapes today.

Dream Catalogue is one of my new favorite labels. A lot of other cool stuff to check out there. And it's all free/name your own price on bandcamp.

Anyone know where this artist is from? Having trouble finding out much about them online.

"Vaporwave" musicians typically don't put too much information about themselves out there. It's a pretty anonymous genre. Saint Pepsi is the exception but now he's a pop star so there's that. All I can tell you is one of the masterminds behind 2 8 1 4 runs Dream Catalouge and his other project is called Hong Kong Express or something. Never really listened to that project much.

I already managed to get an NNF cassette so I guess I'm just wondering if its worth holding onto it if I plan to get the bundle. Don't see any mention of cassette shell color on the DC press description.

Glad to see this is nearly half funded only two days in. if this release is successful I'm sure we'll see more Dream Catalogue vinyl in the future - hopefully Overgrowth, Telepath, or the new HKE album

I'm gonna drop money on this - I didn't think I was gonna, but I've listened to it maybe 10 times on Spotify already this week.

Shame it's over 2 records - it's the kind of LP that I'd like to stick on when I went to bed. I think over 4 sides, each side is gonna be a little too short to do that.

I'm gonna drop money on this - I didn't think I was gonna, but I've listened to it maybe 10 times on Spotify already this week.

Shame it's over 2 records - it's the kind of LP that I'd like to stick on when I went to bed. I think over 4 sides, each side is gonna be a little too short to do that.

Yeah, I initially felt the same way, but I realized the record is too long to stick all on a single LP. wouldn't fit -and if it did, it would sound terrible.

I almost hope it's a 45. hoping the sound quality is through the roof with this one.

my only gripe is there isn't a purple wax edition - I'd toss extra money for that.

I've been on the fence since this was posted but have been listening to it all week too and finally backed it. Perfect late night soundtrack.