PO: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Paper Mache Dream Balloon /1000 Flightless

74R

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone think this will be similar to other ATO indie only releases that have the alternate covers and are made to look like bootlegs.

Origami just listed this, hand stamped bootleg edition (still appears to be the regular orange vinyl though)

http://onlineshop.origamiorigami.com/king-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard-paper-mache-dream-balloon-|-ltd-edition-bootleg-orange-vinyl-edition-(pre-order)/dp/28945

Is ATO the official label that is releasing the USA copies? If so, then why are the 'bootleg, hand stamped, hand numbered' copies sold by Oragami Records $3 cheaper? I figure if Oragami is acting as a 'middle man' disro, then the copies should cost more than the copies sold directly through ATO. Right?

this record is brilliant. "sense", "time = $$$" and "most of what I like" are so fucking good.

I love seeing them emphasize their melodic songwriting over the constant relentless electric guitar energy they've been relying on for so long.

concerning the vinyl - still haven't received my tri-color, but I headed to Bullmoose and Newbury Comic's the other day and confirmed there are two versions in US stores - the regular edition is the starburst opaque orange. The "official bootleg" thing that's slightly cheaper is a pink numbered stamp on an all-white sleeve - no regular artwork on this press - with a white inner sleeve, and translucent orange wax.

So that's the "indie exclusive fluorescent" variant - it's a translucent orange opposed to an opaque starburst orange, and it doesn't feature the artwork like the regular press does. The stamped cover is pretty sweet though, it's pink.