The Mercury Program - New Myths EP

Tommy

• 2 weeks later...

Just got through the EP in full. Guys, this EP is the hotness. I was worried a little because the band recorded in a home recording setting with equipment not on par with their other releases BUT this sounds so good. The songs are all really engaging and we even see themes very similar to 'Suits'. Thank you Mercury Program!!!!!!

Also, shout out to jonandrewrobson for being the man

Edited by Tommy

has anyone compared Chez pressings to see if one sounds better over the other. I really like the coke bottle and may spring even though I own a original press.

Also, received my copy of New Myths yesterday. Really love it. I hope there is a full length on the horizon. Or maybe that supposed reissue of "A Data Learn.."? *fingers crossed*

Okay. I just did about 6 side by sides and I cannot audibly tell any difference. I compared the inner groove markings and the press is identical on both. If anything, the first press has a slight bit more punch but I'm talking such a small difference. Both sound great. While I was at it I figured I'd capture my collection, cause why the hell not. 

image.jpg

My Chez RP sounds great.

The OG Chez came to me in a lot of about 20 postrock and drone records when first joining here. It's the /150 White, but off center pressing, and apparently was tried to be repaired, as there is about an inch square of label missing on one side. About 3/8" off center, but not a lot of distortion on my Denon. If anyone wants it, $5ppd, PM me. edit: claimed.

Edited by drds89

Anyone have some glitchy distortion sounds in the right channel of New Myths? I can hear it through almost the whole thing and it's pretty distracting. Oddly, it seems to stop between songs and then come back with the music. I know it's only $12 but if it's only mine, I gotta ask for a replacement. Otherwise, the music is great. 

56 minutes ago, Vinyl Fury said:

Anyone have some glitchy distortion sounds in the right channel of New Myths? I can hear it through almost the whole thing and it's pretty distracting. Oddly, it seems to stop between songs and then come back with the music. I know it's only $12 but if it's only mine, I gotta ask for a replacement. Otherwise, the music is great. 

I noticed this recording as a whole has a great deal of distortion (even the digital version). I think the studio they used just made everything hot and this is the result

41 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I noticed this recording as a whole has a great deal of distortion (even the digital version). I think the studio they used just made everything hot and this is the result

It's definitely noise on the vinyl, I've listened digitally as well. It's a snappy, staticky sound. 

On 5/20/2016 at 4:09 PM, Vinyl Fury said:

I listened twice this weekend and no issues (the White /150).