PO: Queen - The Studio Collection (Coloured Vinyl Box Set)

PxT

Couldn't find a thread on this one yet.  Get your wallets ready for some punishment.

PO here:  http://www.queenonlinestore.com/*/*/Queen-The-Studio-Collection-Coloured-Vinyl-Box-Set/4O1C0000000

Or better shipping prices in the US:  http://queen.shop.bravadousa.com/Product.aspx?cp=39831_71922&pc=BGLPQN04

US $445.00

Release Date 25 September 2015
  • All 15 hit studio albums sourced from the original master tapes
  • Mastered by Bob Ludwig
  • Half-speed lacquers cut at Abbey Road Studios
  • Pressed on heavyweight 180 gram coloured vinyl
  • Includes a lavishly illustrated 108 page hardback book
  • The box set also contains download codes for high quality digital versions. 320 kbps MP3s

sooo.. despite from the box and the book (which obviously are not cheap in manufacturing) it comes down to almost $30 per album. you can get OG copies for almost all of these for just a few bucks online. I know with a collector's item like this rational arguing is futile and it's fine. But you seriously must have too much money if you can justify a purchase like this  :D

sooo.. despite from the box and the book (which obviously are not cheap in manufacturing) it comes down to almost $30 per album. you can get OG copies for almost all of these for just a few bucks online. I know with a collector's item like this rational arguing is futile and it's fine. But you seriously must have too much money if you can justify a purchase like this  :D

Depends on how good these will sound. Sure, getting OG copies of these might be very inexpensive, but getting all of them in perfect condition might be damn near impossible, or at the very least no cheaper than this box.

So to justify such a purchase you either must have too much money or must actually care how your records sound.

I keep going back and forth on getting this. I currently have 2 Greatest Hits and 2 live albums by Queen. I've never really found myself wishing I owned more, so that's the big thing holding me back.

if you don't get this, you should definitely expand. Greatest Hits collections barely scratches their surface. They have some amazing material not on those collections. Hot Space still sucks though.

Depends on how good these will sound. Sure, getting OG copies of these might be very inexpensive, but getting all of them in perfect condition might be damn near impossible, or at the very least no cheaper than this box.

So to justify such a purchase you either must have too much money or must actually care how your records sound.

also so true on this. I ran into about 10 copies of Night at the Opera before finding a copy that wasn't beat to shit. I don't trust ordering this type of older stuff online