Secret Santa 2015. Update: Dec 16 .... Please Read.

Oh man, I still wanna get one or two more things to even out the weight of the box, and I still have to get a mix together and put it on a flash drive. I feel so irresponsible for having not done this earlier! That said, I'd like to think my SS is gonna think everything's pretty kick-ass, so that'll make up for my slight tardiness. Maybe.

Mine also arrived today, and the packaging rules so hard (lots of pro wrestlers taped to its sides). Dunno how long I can wait to open it, it's just sitting on my kitchen table taunting me right now.

UPDATE: I caved almost immediately after making that post. And holy shit, my gift was INCREDIBLE. I gotta take photos and upload, I'll write the whole thing up later today along with my guess as to who it is. But if they're reading this right now, please know that I LOVED IT!

I haven't gotten mine yet, but I figured I'd present my dilemma:

I'm not going to be celebrating Christmas at home this year; I'll be with family in LA. Should I open my gift before I go, or should I wait until I get back?

I'm predicting most everyone will cave by the end of the month

all you people who cave in really kill this IMO. glad your gifts are great but it's a secret santa!!!!!

Yeah but this is the first SS I've ever done where gifts start arriving in early November

Don't get me wrong though.

This is probably the only way we could make sure everyone has a gift by Christmas

I caved... and holy shit!   SS, you are the best!!  Will upload a pic soon (and possibly a video unboxing as well) as soon as I figure out who sent me this!  :D

Do a video! I'm going to do a video for mine!

all you people who cave in really kill this IMO.  glad your gifts are great but it's a secret santa!!!!!

I know I'm going to open mine early...but I'm waiting for the day to feel just right and it hasn't happened yet.

Do a video! I'm going to do a video for mine!

I know I'm going to open mine early...but I'm waiting for the day to feel just right and it hasn't happened yet.

i'm all for this video idea. i forget who it was, but i remember someone did one a few years ago and it was so much fun/totally adorable to watch them open everything and get so excited. literally like watching a kid on xmas. 

First off… wow!  Thank you so much Secret Santa for the amazing gifts!  Etiquette says I should have waited until the end of December, but it’s all good right?!  Before I give it a guess, here is what I received…

12219375_10153087914026401_2168802186906

Pee-Wee Herman shirt!

Starmarket - Four Hours Light CD
V/A - SubUrbia (1996) Soundtrack CD
Little Sister - Things That Are Forever CD (SS’s defunct band)
Ordet - You Are Now Leaving The Boardwalk Of Fame & Happiness (SS’s solo CD, the disc has the band name as Less Than Everyone, but I think he changed it to Ordet since then…)

Pity Sex - Feast Of Love LP (half bone/half maroon w/ bone splatta!)
Tracy Chapman - S/T LP
Pat Smear - Pat Ruthensmear LP

Last, but not least…

3 mix CD’s which are all excellent!  I seriously only heard a few songs previous that are spread across these discs, so these mixes introduced me to a lot of great music.  I’m still on disc 1 since I can’t stop listening to it.

I decided to make a unboxing video and post it on youtube which I’ve never done before, but it came out alright…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb5ngP2KJTs

I was worried at first since my SS didn’t leave me any clues in his letter!!  Luckily, he sent his previous band and current solo CD so after some research, I am 99.9% sure my SS is…

shadowkid33?!

Thanks again for everything and expect a lengthy pm this week with some feedback on those mix CD’s (and your music as well)!!  Can't wait to see what everyone else received throughout this month and December.  :)

First off… wow!  Thank you so much Secret Santa for the amazing gifts!  Etiquette says I should have waited until the end of December, but it’s all good right?!  Before I give it a guess, here is what I received…

12219375_10153087914026401_2168802186906

Pee-Wee Herman shirt!

Starmarket - Four Hours Light CD

V/A - SubUrbia (1996) Soundtrack CD

Little Sister - Things That Are Forever CD (SS’s defunct band)

Ordet - You Are Now Leaving The Boardwalk Of Fame & Happiness (SS’s solo CD, the disc has the band name as Less Than Everyone, but I think he changed it to Ordet since then…)

Pity Sex - Feast Of Love LP (half bone/half maroon w/ bone splatta!)

Tracy Chapman - S/T LP

Pat Smear - Pat Ruthensmear LP

Last, but not least…

3 mix CD’s which are all excellent!  I seriously only heard a few songs previous that are spread across these discs, so these mixes introduced me to a lot of great music.  I’m still on disc 1 since I can’t stop listening to it.

I decided to make a unboxing video and post it on youtube which I’ve never done before, but it came out alright…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb5ngP2KJTs

I was worried at first since my SS didn’t leave me any clues in his letter!!  Luckily, he sent his previous band and current solo CD so after some research, I am 99.9% sure my SS is…

shadowkid33?!

Thanks again for everything and expect a lengthy pm this week with some feedback on those mix CD’s (and your music as well)!!  Can't wait to see what everyone else received throughout this month and December.  :)

I'm so glad you like it and watching the video was so exciting! Please let me know what you like on the mix cd(s) whenever you get a chance! Merry Christmas! :)