Secret Santa 2015. Update: Dec 16 .... Please Read.

hey guys! 

so, sadly, it looks like i might have a second person flaking out :( 

i'm looking for help from all you lovely people....

1. does anyone have a way to get in touch with brüsker dü outside vc?

2. if anyone is willing to help out with putting together a gift for the person getting shafted, please shoot me a pm and let me know.

thank you!!! 

hey guys! 

so, sadly, it looks like i might have a second person flaking out :(

i'm looking for help from all you lovely people....

1. does anyone have a way to get in touch with brüsker dü outside vc?

2. if anyone is willing to help out with putting together a gift for the person getting shafted, please shoot me a pm and let me know.

thank you!!! 

I can help if needed as well. 

So.... Santa went well above and beyond anything I was expecting!!! I friggin LOVE everything I got!

I'm gonna do this in spoilers that way I don't take up a whole page showing you guys what I got, because it is awesome and deserves some special treatment. 

Item 1: BEER!!!!!!!!  I have never tried any of these beers before. I've heard great things about The Bruery so I am really excited to try that one. Bonus points for finding an awesome sounding beer with an owl on it too! I have a bottle share coming up so I can't wait to bust one of these out!  DA97DCE0-5B9D-4738-A332-C5CF5BEA0B83.jpg 

Item 2: This pretty neat coffee. I just got a brand new badass coffee maker so I am also really excited to try this out. Sounds delicious.

5F0D66B5-47FD-46FE-875E-B0A2CA76B512_1.j

Item 3: Record Cleaner. Which I freaking love because all I have is a dry brush, and no real way to clean my records. So for that sir, I thank you. I really needed this.

D08E9A91-D5BF-4E8C-A181-27954CE0C3EA.jpg

Item 4: These super cute homemade organic bath bombs! The little owl on it is probably the most adorable thing I have ever seen, and of course they smell great. I'm glad I got two so I can use one, and save the other since they are so cute!! (I hoard a lot of bath stuff so this is beyond perfect!)

E0E344B9-9326-4783-BB25-BE67618DF8C2.jpg

Item 4: Last, but certainly not least it's Bingo Bronson from Broad City!!!! I love Broad City, obviously, so this was perfect!!!!! I hope I can get blazed and a go on adventures with him. That Wisdom Teeth episode is probably one of my favorites. I absolutely adore Bingo Bronson, and he's going to be my new BFF.

4EE07E3B-047B-4C1D-9ACB-9A709F22CA86.jpg

And.... Here is a pic of everything all together.

6B6954C7-4E05-4315-8D95-800E598BE3F6.jpg

Seriously I am beyond ecstatic about everything I got! SS nailed it for me with this package. Also, I must say the packing job was phenomenal. I'm definitely keeping it just in case I ever have to ship some bombers. Very well done!  As far as who my SS is, there weren't any hints, and having the package ship from Colorado threw me off since most of the items in the package were from Cali, but I think I figured it out thanks to this post:

i hope whoever i get likes beer lol. im also gonna send my mix cd on a USB stick instead. 

also, my tradelist is widely outdated. i dont even really want records anyway lol

So THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU  Toki!!!!   You did a fantastic job and I adore everything!!!

WHAT SS??!? !ANOTHER PACKAGE?!?!??!?! AND ANOTHER COMING?!?!?!???!!:!:roy;q4ytoiyJKD;AHR;HT

you. you are spoiling the shit out of me. thank you so so so much. you've already gone WAY above and beyond. holy hell. i'll see you in package 4!!! 

how is this unfortunate, again??

vKPwo94.jpg

7S2WnmQ.jpg

So.... Santa went well above and beyond anything I was expecting!!! I friggin LOVE everything I got!

WOW that firestone walker parabola is supposed to be fantastic. i tried to get a bottle and missed it--only way was a raffle for a chance to buy it. i did somehow end up getting a bottle of their 18th anniversary on black friday. 

WHAT SS??!? !ANOTHER PACKAGE?!?!??!?! AND ANOTHER COMING?!?!?!???!!:!:roy;q4ytoiyJKD;AHR;HT

you. you are spoiling the shit out of me. thank you so so so much. you've already gone WAY above and beyond. holy hell. i'll see you in package 4!!! 

how is this unfortunate, again??

vKPwo94.jpg

7S2WnmQ.jpg

Is he/she the hero Gotham deserves?

I'm gonna do this in spoilers that way I don't take up a whole page showing you guys what I got, because it is awesome and deserves some special treatment. 

Item 1: BEER!!!!!!!!  I have never tried any of these beers before. I've heard great things about The Bruery so I am really excited to try that one. Bonus points for finding an awesome sounding beer with an owl on it too! I have a bottle share coming up so I can't wait to bust one of these out!  DA97DCE0-5B9D-4738-A332-C5CF5BEA0B83.jpg 

Item 2: This pretty neat coffee. I just got a brand new badass coffee maker so I am also really excited to try this out. Sounds delicious.

5F0D66B5-47FD-46FE-875E-B0A2CA76B512_1.j

Item 3: Record Cleaner. Which I freaking love because all I have is a dry brush, and no real way to clean my records. So for that sir, I thank you. I really needed this.

D08E9A91-D5BF-4E8C-A181-27954CE0C3EA.jpg

Item 4: These super cute homemade organic bath bombs! The little owl on it is probably the most adorable thing I have ever seen, and of course they smell great. I'm glad I got two so I can use one, and save the other since they are so cute!! (I hoard a lot of bath stuff so this is beyond perfect!)

E0E344B9-9326-4783-BB25-BE67618DF8C2.jpg

Item 4: Last, but certainly not least it's Bingo Bronson from Broad City!!!! I love Broad City, obviously, so this was perfect!!!!! I hope I can get blazed and a go on adventures with him. That Wisdom Teeth episode is probably one of my favorites. I absolutely adore Bingo Bronson, and he's going to be my new BFF.

4EE07E3B-047B-4C1D-9ACB-9A709F22CA86.jpg

And.... Here is a pic of everything all together.

6B6954C7-4E05-4315-8D95-800E598BE3F6.jpg

Seriously I am beyond ecstatic about everything I got! SS nailed it for me with this package. Also, I must say the packing job was phenomenal. I'm definitely keeping it just in case I ever have to ship some bombers. Very well done!  As far as who my SS is, there weren't any hints, and having the package ship from Colorado threw me off since most of the items in the package were from Cali, but I think I figured it out thanks to this post:

So THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU  Toki!!!!   You did a fantastic job and I adore everything!!!

shit! i tried so hard to throw you off (going to the extent of checking the box into my flight to colorado so i could ship from there) but forgot i posted that comment in this thread

couple notes (and i apologize about not including any hints)

- i paid my roommate to hand stitch that bingo bronson for you, so its one of a kind.

- traded beer with someone from MA to get you that night shift beer (since you love owls). I also know you mentioned youre not into stouts cause of the texas heat but parabola is one of my favs and its got about 6 months of age on it now so its primeeee. will only get better with time so feel free to cellar it until it gets cold in texas lolll!

-those bath bombs were the first thing i got you. You mentioned you love homemade stuff and bath bombs and owls so it just made sense lol

- vinyl record cleaner  -- couldnt figure out what records to send you so this just felt right. happy you actually need some cleaner and will put it to good use

- that coffee only comes in the modern times coffee subscription. i know its hard to read (for anyone else looking at the photo) but its rye whiskey barrel aged beans. they are the only brewery/roastery in the world that barrel ages their coffee beans! 

- the mix isnt really your style tbh. just a bunch of my fav current songs so I hope you dig it. I labeled all of them with the name of the artist so if you like any of them let me know! Candyland is one of my artists so thats why theres like 3 songs from her on there lol

- thanks for the comments on my pack job! i trade beer a ton so ive gotten used to packing shit well lol 

im gonna go ahead and guess my SS is BATMAN! What a dope package, thank you so much man. Love everything in it...especially the....

-Redskins mini helmet signed by Desean Jackson (which was actually signed in the old city i lived in and went to high school in, weirdly enough) When I opened this and saw it was signed my jaw dropped. Hes my fav player from the skins :D

-Various records including the freakin Riddler theme song by Method Man (holy shit!!!) and Minus the bear. The third record (I cant even remember the name of the band now) ive never heard of and im so excited to check out.

- Adidas snapback (my new fav hat)

-Mix tape (cd that looks like a record, awesome!) now i just need to figure out how to play this cd to check out whats on it lol 

tumblr_nz67hz1Tqy1qzz0kho1_1280.jpg

Thank you again batman!! Youre the hero VC needs and deserves!!!!! 

im gonna go ahead and guess my SS is BATMAN! What a dope package, thank you so much man. Love everything in it...especially the....

-Redskins mini helmet signed by Desean Jackson (which was actually signed in the old city i lived in and went to high school in, weirdly enough) When I opened this and saw it was signed my jaw dropped. Hes my fav player from the skins :D

-Various records including the freakin Riddler theme song by Method Man (holy shit!!!) and Minus the bear. The third record (I cant even remember the name of the band now) ive never heard of and im so excited to check out.

- Adidas snapback (my new fav hat)

-Mix tape (cd that looks like a record, awesome!) now i just need to figure out how to play this cd to check out whats on it lol 

tumblr_nz67hz1Tqy1qzz0kho1_1280.jpg

Thank you again batman!! Youre the hero VC needs and deserves!!!!! 

yesssssss!!!

so glad you like everything! it's always so difficult to come up with stuff!!

it was hilarious because you had said you were going to open the package on monday night, was watching MNF, and DJ fumbled on that bonehead punt return. i was like "oh nooooooo i got him a helmet signed by the dude that just lost them the damn game!!!!" and then he redeemed himself on that long TD hahahaha. i was really torn on who to go with, so i'm really glad he's your favorite. i carpool with an eagles fan and he was her recommendation. 

also really glad you like the hat! it's hard to tell peoples' style. i was gonna say, you can always exchange it at Lids for something team specific. i figured grey and black was neutral enough to go with anything and i liked that classic style the most. so glad you dig it :)

to be honest, i blew my budget on those two things so the music was a bit last minute. plus you mentioned you didn't really want records! all of that was from my collection. you said you liked female fronted indie bands and so football etc fit the bill there. they're actually local (from houston) and i saw them open for IIOI and TWIABP. since you mentioned you'd been digging that style lately, i figured they'd be up your alley. i had an extra copy of that MTB album and thought you may dig it--wasn't sure if you'd heard them, but they're one of my favorites. the riddler record i found at hastings forever ago for like $2. figured that'd be a pretty good hint.

the mix is actually the same mix i sent out last year. you may recognize some of it--about 50% of it is instrumental stuff. i saw you'd dabbled in some post-rock so hopefully you'll discover some more stuff you like in there. if you need me to, i can try to upload it somewhere. i love using record CD-R's--we made mixtapes for our wedding favors so we still have a bunch of them leftover.

anyway glad you like everything. hope you have a happy december  :D

thanks again man, you really hit the nail on the head on everything. i gave my copy of that MTB record to a friend who couldnt afford the record when it came out so its nice to have another copy! Youre the man.

btw, lids included your name on the invoice with the hat. but since i didnt know your real name it didnt give away who you were! once i saw the record and the clue i knew immediately tho. 

thanks again man, you really hit the nail on the head on everything. i gave my copy of that MTB record to a friend who couldnt afford the record when it came out so its nice to have another copy! Youre the man.

btw, lids included your name on the invoice with the hat. but since i didnt know your real name it didnt give away who you were! once i saw the record and the clue i knew immediately tho. 

that's funny. hahaha lids, those bastards, i even marked it as a gift... i kinda figured they would though. i was just glad that dude on eBay offered to wrap up the helmet! i told him it was for secret santa and he wrapped it up free of charge! 

Ok, so it seems all but 3 people may or may not get their gifts before xmas. i'm hoping they do.. but nonetheless. everyone will get something.. 

i've PMed people accordingly.. i really hope we can do this quickly so things can get out fast and get into the hands of said recipients by xmas.. i'm crossing my fingers..

thanks everyone for playing along and going beyond to help out a fellow VCer.

Well. I opened it. :D

Secret Santa, thank you so much! Your gift was thoughtful!

29n6qzr.jpg

I got:

All of a sudden I miss everyone LP - Explosions in the sky

Belle of the boulevard CD - Dashboard confessional

No excuses watercolor book

The informer by Brett Easton Ellis

Mix

Various rad stickers!

I haven't listened to the mix yet because I don't have a car anymore and my computer doesn't read CDs. :( but I'll see if my roommate can import it for me!

I love that album and I read a lot of short stories on the plane so that will be perfect. I just finally bought watercolors so I'll definitely check that book out!

No note or hints so I literally have no idea who it could be. But thank you so much and merry Christmas!

Edit: typo

Well. I opened it. :D

Secret Santa, thank you so much! Your gift was thoughtful!29n6qzr.jpg

I got:

All of a sudden I miss everyone LP - Explosions in the sky

Belle of the boulevard CD - Dashboard confessional

No excuses watercolor book

The informer by Brett Easton Ellis

Mix

Various rad stickers!

I haven't listened to the mix yet because I don't have a car anymore and my computer doesn't read CDs. :( but I'll see if my roommate can import it for me!

I love that album and I read a lot of short stories on the plane so that will be perfect. I just finally bought watcher plots so I'll definitely check that book out!

No note or hints so I literally have no idea who it could be. But thank you so much and merry Christmas!

If you need someone to import it mail it to me and I don't mind

Glad you liked it!!

I got to say I was stoked when I read your write up, we had such similar taste that it was easy putting together your package.  But not so similar that it was tough to find stuff for you.

I actually spent $0 on your box! (other than the shipping and the beer) Everything was from my personal collection, including the Cranium game (I hope it was all together?  I realized after I never checked!).

Argyle Park is rad, eh?  Though I feel the need to clarify that Thirlwell had no involvement beyond the voiceover during the intro.  The actual mastermind behind that project was Klayton (aka Circle of Dust, aka Celldweller, aka a million other monikers).  If you dig Argyle Park make sure to check out AP2, Circle of Dust, Chatterbox, and Celldweller.

What did you think of Calvaiire??  I'm hoping that was the icing on the cake for you, seemed like a perfect fit given your tastes.

If you dug anything in particular let me know, I'm sure I can point you in direction of similar music!

Dude! Sorry for the lack of update with this, I wanted to get through at least 50% of the music you sent me before saying anything. Holy crap is there a lot to go through. That Calvaiire is really REALLY awesome. Thank you for turning me on to them.  I'm still making notes about bands and such and will get back to you if I need some more.

PS LOL Adema. I remember those guys from 2000s, At the time, I cast them off as nu metal. That being said, they are the band I have last on the list of things to listen to, hopefully I'll dig them another time around.

PS LOL Adema. I remember those guys from 2000s, At the time, I cast them off as nu metal. That being said, they are the band I have last on the list of things to listen to, hopefully I'll dig them another time around.

Haha, I forgot I included that, I threw it in there to help along your Chris Vrenna collection ;)  One of the remixes is his (and it's actually pretty rad)