Secret Santa 2015. Update: Dec 16 .... Please Read.

I just opened mine up and holy shit.. dude, you didn't half ass it at all. I've been wanting just about everything on that list. well the book is gonna be a interesting read and that one cavallo 7" i've never head of so thanks for everything.. Seriously, i was just talking to my roommates the other day about how i really wanted to watch TITUS because they had never seen it, but my dvd is still boxed up in Portland. so now i get to watch it too.> HECK YES!!! now i can take that PRINCES OF PEACE 7" off my list. 

PS. I"d share the photo but for some reason i can't get the link to work.. anyone know a page that i can upload a pic too so i can post it here.

i have all the pics from my phone autobackup to my flickr account (automatically set to private so only i can see). then just grab the link from there. it's super helpful.  i know a lot of other peeps use tumblr as well :)

I got mine, I'll post pictures as soon as I possibly can.  

Also, I'll be sending out another package to my giftee, but it will likely be after the new year.  Right now my schedule has been crazy busy, so I couldn't get the second package out any time soon (especially with the lines that go out to the sidewalk at the post office).

But my giftee should expect another package in the coming weeks - something containing more than just music.  ;)

received the 2nd of two packages today. will update with picture but got:

a sweet mighty ducks hoodie (#44 fulton reed -- one of my fave movies)

some miscellaneous candy, including a beef jerky chocolate bar

a handful of cds i will check out 

three LPs:

taking back sunday - tayf (need to check out color and see if its one i don't have)

aaron west and the roaring 20s - we don't have eachother

masked intruder

based on the disney themed wrapping paper, i'm assuming my SS was Steve Mooscemi. if so, thanks a ton. everything is perfect. 

Guys, I hit the Santa lottery. It was me. 

I have no words, so here's some pictures!

H7RmhAa.jpg?1

Split between two boxes. Wholly molely that's a lot of wrapping! And that paper. Ah, so good.

XOlvW7f.jpg?1

Opened the smaller items first. First thing I opened was the pin of Danzig with his cat. That really set the stage for everything else because I literally squealed with delight. Pictured here:

• Horror Rock Classics - I'm listening to this as I type, because it's never not a good time for Purple People Eater.
  • As Friends Rust - New to me!
  • The Young Rochelles - Also new to me!
  • Lego Frankenstein - I want like all of these now haha.
  • Three insanely well put together and illustrated mix CDs.
  • The most adorable card.
  • Two homemade (!!!) catnip toys for my cat Regan. She's on the naughty list, but I'll let these slide  ;)

zH2w8rO.jpg?1

I have so much listening to do! Pictured here:

• Batman soundtrack - I also squealed like a child when I saw this.  :wub:
  • A Perfect Circle Emotive - The only one I was missing from them!
  • Teenage Bottlerocket - Never heard before
  • Turbonegro - Also never heard
  • HorrorPops Kiss Kiss Kill Kill - I've only ever heard their album Hell Yeah so I can't wait to give this a spin.

And now, the pièce de résistance:

hvzx9BM.jpg?1

My god. Alex Pardee prints. I can't even. I'm in love.

I am just full of so much gratitude. It was beyond worth the wait. So much so I couldn't wait to christmas!

Judging by the thought, effort, detail and that this absolutely amazing person's birthday is the day before mine, it must be 
themeconspiracy !!!

Lauren, I'm floored. I think this sums it up:
MS9.gif

And for good measure, here's someone else enjoying her gifts.
D8WB5QF.jpg?1

I made a video for my stuff, and I can't be more thankful. This is a solid 15 minutes of me being my awkward teenage self, so if you ever wondered what I look/sound like...well, I just may be a prime competitor for Rez in the battle for most awkward video.

I hope I don't come off as insincere at all throughout the video, because I seriously mean it--I've had a pretty rough day and this, in contrast, made me really happy. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the make-up santa stuff! As I said in the video, I'll make guesses later, but I already know that one of them is Lauren :)

Also, I've been informed that I likely have another package on the way--I'll either make a new video or post pictures when that arrives--I do hope it's before I go out of town! Regardless, even if I have nothing else, I'm so excited to have all the stuff I got. Seriously a veritable Christmas miracle, thanks to the good folks at VC. I love you guys.

Guys, I hit the Santa lottery. It was me. 

I have no words, so here's some pictures!

H7RmhAa.jpg?1

Split between two boxes. Wholly molely that's a lot of wrapping! And that paper. Ah, so good.

XOlvW7f.jpg?1

Opened the smaller items first. First thing I opened was the pin of Danzig with his cat. That really set the stage for everything else because I literally squealed with delight. Pictured here:

• Horror Rock Classics - I'm listening to this as I type, because it's never not a good time for Purple People Eater.
  • As Friends Rust - New to me!
  • The Young Rochelles - Also new to me!
  • Lego Frankenstein - I want like all of these now haha.
  • Three insanely well put together and illustrated mix CDs.
  • The most adorable card.
  • Two homemade (!!!) catnip toys for my cat Regan. She's on the naughty list, but I'll let these slide  ;)

zH2w8rO.jpg?1

I have so much listening to do! Pictured here:

• Batman soundtrack - I also squealed like a child when I saw this.  :wub:
  • A Perfect Circle Emotive - The only one I was missing from them!
  • Teenage Bottlerocket - Never heard before
  • Turbonegro - Also never heard
  • HorrorPops Kiss Kiss Kill Kill - I've only ever heard their album Hell Yeah so I can't wait to give this a spin.

And now, the pièce de résistance:

hvzx9BM.jpg?1

My god. Alex Pardee prints. I can't even. I'm in love.

I am just full of so much gratitude. It was beyond worth the wait. So much so I couldn't wait to christmas!

Judging by the thought, effort, detail and that this absolutely amazing person's birthday is the day before mine, it must be 

themeconspiracy !!!

Lauren, I'm floored. I think this sums it up:

MS9.gif

And for good measure, here's someone else enjoying her gifts.

D8WB5QF.jpg?1

I knew who it was the moment I saw the wrapping paper.

i know i didnt participate this year but i can't help noticing the NJ talk <3

As promised. We have a t-shirt with the outline of the great state of NJ, which incorrectly indicates the capital as Asbury Park, but we all know it's really Camden. 

ah yes, the great capital city of camden lol

Nothing against Snooki, airbursh t-shirts and polish water ice, but I think that's a tad bit north of sleezeside, judging by the center of the star to the point at Barnegat Inlet. I am going with Brick. Spent many a day at the Bricktown Skate Park. good times.

I had a bunch of friends from Brick - not sure how I didn't know that about you before. Used to play hockey there as well. 

stop it you guys i'm from point pleasant! small world.

my money's on farmingdale or howell. 

that's further inland + north. what about toms river?

Has anyone not received a package yet?

I haven't, but it's because I'm a fuck up.  I moved in August and I put my new address but the my old zip code.  I called the post office where the package is to see what I could do, but they said that I just need to be patient and eventually it will find its way to my doorstep.

I haven't, but it's because I'm a fuck up.  I moved in August and I put my new address but the my old zip code.  I called the post office where the package is to see what I could do, but they said that I just need to be patient and eventually it will find its way to my doorstep.

I've done the same thing before with shipping things to work, but putting down my home zip code. It eventually got here a month or two later. Worst case it will be returned to the sender if they cant suss it all out.

I made a video for my stuff, and I can't be more thankful. This is a solid 15 minutes of me being my awkward teenage self, so if you ever wondered what I look/sound like...well, I just may be a prime competitor for Rez in the battle for most awkward video.

I hope I don't come off as insincere at all throughout the video, because I seriously mean it--I've had a pretty rough day and this, in contrast, made me really happy. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the make-up santa stuff! As I said in the video, I'll make guesses later, but I already know that one of them is Lauren :)

Also, I've been informed that I likely have another package on the way--I'll either make a new video or post pictures when that arrives--I do hope it's before I go out of town! Regardless, even if I have nothing else, I'm so excited to have all the stuff I got. Seriously a veritable Christmas miracle, thanks to the good folks at VC. I love you guys.

Fight me, yours will never be as awkward as mine. I'd make a weird/intense joke but my Inception OST I had on in the background tops your jazz. Looks like a good haul though.

Fight me, yours will never be as awkward as mine. I'd make a weird/intense joke but my Inception OST I had on in the background tops your jazz. Looks like a good haul though.

I was tempted to make it bad on purpose just to outdo you--fuck with the lighting, speak in a complete monotone, pretend I was reading from a script, and put on the worst music imaginable--but I figured sincerity is better for people who are being nice to you. 

I was tempted to make it bad on purpose just to outdo you--fuck with the lighting, speak in a complete monotone, pretend I was reading from a script, and put on the worst music imaginable--but I figured sincerity is better for people who are being nice to you. 

They probably wouldn't have realized that we were just fucking with each other. What's that jazz album on in the background? It isn't pissing me off like it usually does.

And srsly, jam the Bad Religion. How many entries are on your pasta hierarchy? 

They probably wouldn't have realized that we were just fucking with each other. What's that jazz album on in the background? It isn't pissing me off like it usually does.

And srsly, jam the Bad Religion. How many entries are on your pasta hierarchy? 

Miles Davis - Miles Davis Quartet (or, the MDQ self titled)

1. Ditalini

2. Farfalle

3. Rotini

I'm tempted to say I was wrong and that rotini is actually second, but it really depends on the day. Ditalini is always #1, though. If given a bunch of options, I could rank them all in order of which ones are my favorites, but off the top of my head, those three are the most important.

Also, as far as spaghetti goes, I prefer linguine to any other similar stranded (meaning in a strand, not stuck on an island) shape.