Secret Santa 2015. Update: Dec 16 .... Please Read.

Miles Davis - Miles Davis Quartet (or, the MDQ self titled)

1. Ditalini

2. Farfalle

3. Rotini

I'm tempted to say I was wrong and that rotini is actually second, but it really depends on the day. Ditalini is always #1, though. If given a bunch of options, I could rank them all in order of which ones are my favorites, but off the top of my head, those three are the most important.

Also, as far as spaghetti goes, I prefer linguine to any other similar stranded (meaning in a strand, not stuck on an island) shape.

That gave me the warm and fuzzies just watching you unwrap everything 

You guys are too cute!

That was a lot of Pasta.

Not a bad way of describing my life. 

seriously watched all 15:15 mins of it Dom, very cool.

Thank ya. I'm super excited to listen to everything else...had to bust open Charlie Brown Christmas last night before bed :)

That gave me the warm and fuzzies just watching you unwrap everything 

You guys are too cute!

Aww thanks. Merry X-mas spirit to all!

That was a lot of Pasta. 

ha. i went to the store at 3am and proceeded to intensely read every single label on every single brand for about 20 minutes looking for allergens. i was the only one in the store. i walked out with 6 packages of pasta. pretty sure the few people working there all thought i was high af hahaha

Miles Davis - Miles Davis Quartet (or, the MDQ self titled)

1. Ditalini

2. Farfalle

3. Rotini

I'm tempted to say I was wrong and that rotini is actually second, but it really depends on the day. Ditalini is always #1, though. If given a bunch of options, I could rank them all in order of which ones are my favorites, but off the top of my head, those three are the most important.

Also, as far as spaghetti goes, I prefer linguine to any other similar stranded (meaning in a strand, not stuck on an island) shape.

ha! i thought the farfalle was a long shot since i had never heard you mention it. one of the bagged ones is actually radiatore, which is kind of close to rotini. you'll have to let me know where it falls in the hierarchy ;) 

I made a video for my stuff, and I can't be more thankful. This is a solid 15 minutes of me being my awkward teenage self, so if you ever wondered what I look/sound like...well, I just may be a prime competitor for Rez in the battle for most awkward video.

I hope I don't come off as insincere at all throughout the video, because I seriously mean it--I've had a pretty rough day and this, in contrast, made me really happy. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the make-up santa stuff! As I said in the video, I'll make guesses later, but I already know that one of them is Lauren :)

Also, I've been informed that I likely have another package on the way--I'll either make a new video or post pictures when that arrives--I do hope it's before I go out of town! Regardless, even if I have nothing else, I'm so excited to have all the stuff I got. Seriously a veritable Christmas miracle, thanks to the good folks at VC. I love you guys.

that was simply amazing and totally made my day  :wub:

so many feels. really just awesome to see you so excited about everything.

and yes. more thing(s) on the way ;) 

ha! i thought the farfalle was a long shot since i had never heard you mention it. one of the bagged ones is actually radiatore, which is kind of close to rotini. you'll have to let me know where it falls in the hierarchy ;)

Radiatore is one that really depends on my mood. It's a more compact piece of pasta to bite into, and therefore, it's more satisfying to eat, but sometimes I just want something else.

Thanks for everything you contributed, Lauren! Best Christmas gift ever, and I can only imagine it getting better once the rest shows!

Guys, I hit the Santa lottery. It was me. 

I have no words, so here's some pictures!

H7RmhAa.jpg?1

Split between two boxes. Wholly molely that's a lot of wrapping! And that paper. Ah, so good.

XOlvW7f.jpg?1

Opened the smaller items first. First thing I opened was the pin of Danzig with his cat. That really set the stage for everything else because I literally squealed with delight. Pictured here:

• Horror Rock Classics - I'm listening to this as I type, because it's never not a good time for Purple People Eater.
  • As Friends Rust - New to me!
  • The Young Rochelles - Also new to me!
  • Lego Frankenstein - I want like all of these now haha.
  • Three insanely well put together and illustrated mix CDs.
  • The most adorable card.
  • Two homemade (!!!) catnip toys for my cat Regan. She's on the naughty list, but I'll let these slide  ;)

zH2w8rO.jpg?1

I have so much listening to do! Pictured here:

• Batman soundtrack - I also squealed like a child when I saw this.  :wub:
  • A Perfect Circle Emotive - The only one I was missing from them!
  • Teenage Bottlerocket - Never heard before
  • Turbonegro - Also never heard
  • HorrorPops Kiss Kiss Kill Kill - I've only ever heard their album Hell Yeah so I can't wait to give this a spin.

And now, the pièce de résistance:

hvzx9BM.jpg?1

My god. Alex Pardee prints. I can't even. I'm in love.

I am just full of so much gratitude. It was beyond worth the wait. So much so I couldn't wait to christmas!

Judging by the thought, effort, detail and that this absolutely amazing person's birthday is the day before mine, it must be 

themeconspiracy !!!

Lauren, I'm floored. I think this sums it up:

MS9.gif

And for good measure, here's someone else enjoying her gifts.

D8WB5QF.jpg?1

yes! it was me :D

aw i’m so glad you like it all! you were so much fun to have for SS this year! i knew a bunch of the music would be new to you, but given our similar tastes, i’m like 95% sure you’ll really dig all of it. you’ll have to let me know what you think once you’ve had a chance to listen to it all! 

those lego minifigs are seriously so amazing and so addictive. the whole last series was all monsters and i keep telling myself i’m not going to buy them all, but…they’re just so awesome, i find it hard to resist. haha. i have whole bunch of them living on top of my record shelves along with some other toys and knickknacks. i think rocker frankenstein might just be my favorite though :)

i love love love alex pardee and have so much of his stuff up around my apartment. i think i was actually the most excited about buying you some prints haha. i have a bunch of awesome creepy artists i love and have bought a bunch of prints from. i actually had a hard time deciding, but those alex pardee prints were just 1000% you. i’m so glad you love them as much as i hoped you would! 

oh! and not sure you saw my (super sneaky ha!) note yesterday…but i realized as i was leaving for work that i had totally neglected to include something that was hiding in another box with some other stuff i had ordered. so, one more thing should be arriving tomorrow or thursday! :D

and that pic of regan with her zombie and record toys :wub: glad she’s enjoying her gifts too :) 

i’m so glad you liked the wrapping paper too. i actually handmade that as well haha

WAHOOOOO! Today I got my package and you best believe your ass I opened that bad boy right away! First off, THANK YOU SO MUCH to my SS for the thoughtful consideration in my gifts, truly. This was actually my first SS EVER so I am stoked someone got me that could relate to some of my interests. NOW FOR THE BOOTY:

IMG_2364_zpskcggxoom.jpg

1: rook coffee: I am a BIG coffee drinker, I drink a cup before work everyday but usually stick to my own target bought stuff but I am always down to try new things so this will def be put to use!

2: Karate Kid Action Figure: DANIEL SON! YOU GO UP AND DOWN NOT LEFT TO RIGHT! 1 of my all-time favorite movies, I too am a huge movie buff and love toys, awesome office decor much?

3: Lego Mini Figures: I have a few of these in the office from work, I got a rad snakecharmer and an alien with ray-gun!

4: Shut Up & Sing Movie: I have never heard of this movie but I have an open mind to almost anything cinematic so I will give it a shot! Gotta live the C-Dix!

5: Dikembre Cassette: I have heard of this band before but have yet to give em a listen, however I love new music and dead formats, horray new music!

6: MOON FUCKING SORROW: DUUUUDE I saw the receipt you left in the box from Blood Music, saw you also grabbed that yung Perturbator which I also love, sooooo stoked on this LP, Black Metal! I have yet to listen to this album but have listened to the band, very stoked on this!

7: Sharon Jones 'It's a Holiday Soul Party': I have not heard much of Sharon Jones I will be honest, but can't go wrong with a little Soul baby, will put this one on the platter on Thurs/Friday.

8: MO FUCKIN CARPATHIAN FOREST BITCHES: I have YET to buy a CF LP but have been meaning to for quite some time now and BAM! As you probably noticed from my collection I LOVE Norwegian Black Metal (Burzum, Mayhem, Darkthrone) so I was puuuuumped to see this bad boy at the bottom, thank you so much Santa!

And that about raps it up, what an awesome display of unique items, I am so happy with everything I got and can not wait to do it again next year. My guess is 100% 'GentlemanJerseyDave' like I said you left the invoice in the box which made it a bit easier.

My ONLY gripe this year is that the person I bought SS gifts for kinda blew me off but what's more disappointing is they also did the same thing to 'Batman' last year, one of the rules is to post pictures and explain what you got, so they should at least have the courtesy of a picture.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

I opened mine.

My santa was thefavoriteplay. He let me know multiple times that he was from Charleston so that really helped me narrow it down.

VC definitely out does itself every year. Santa apologized for not including more when I was already floored with the bounty. Little notes on every item gave a real personal touch along with the letter. Blah Blah Blah. The part everyone wants is below. 

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo2_400.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo3_400.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo4_540.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo5_400.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo6_400.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo7_540.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo8_400.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo9_400.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo10_540.jpg

WAHOOOOO! Today I got my package and you best believe your ass I opened that bad boy right away! First off, THANK YOU SO MUCH to my SS for the thoughtful consideration in my gifts, truly. This was actually my first SS EVER so I am stoked someone got me that could relate to some of my interests. NOW FOR THE BOOTY:

IMG_2364_zpskcggxoom.jpg

1: rook coffee: I am a BIG coffee drinker, I drink a cup before work everyday but usually stick to my own target bought stuff but I am always down to try new things so this will def be put to use!

2: Karate Kid Action Figure: DANIEL SON! YOU GO UP AND DOWN NOT LEFT TO RIGHT! 1 of my all-time favorite movies, I too am a huge movie buff and love toys, awesome office decor much?

3: Lego Mini Figures: I have a few of these in the office from work, I got a rad snakecharmer and an alien with ray-gun!

4: Shut Up & Sing Movie: I have never heard of this movie but I have an open mind to almost anything cinematic so I will give it a shot! Gotta live the C-Dix!

5: Dikembre Cassette: I have heard of this band before but have yet to give em a listen, however I love new music and dead formats, horray new music!

6: MOON FUCKING SORROW: DUUUUDE I saw the receipt you left in the box from Blood Music, saw you also grabbed that yung Perturbator which I also love, sooooo stoked on this LP, Black Metal! I have yet to listen to this album but have listened to the band, very stoked on this!

7: Sharon Jones 'It's a Holiday Soul Party': I have not heard much of Sharon Jones I will be honest, but can't go wrong with a little Soul baby, will put this one on the platter on Thurs/Friday.

8: MO FUCKIN CARPATHIAN FOREST BITCHES: I have YET to buy a CF LP but have been meaning to for quite some time now and BAM! As you probably noticed from my collection I LOVE Norwegian Black Metal (Burzum, Mayhem, Darkthrone) so I was puuuuumped to see this bad boy at the bottom, thank you so much Santa!

And that about raps it up, what an awesome display of unique items, I am so happy with everything I got and can not wait to do it again next year. My guess is 100% 'GentlemanJerseyDave' like I said you left the invoice in the box which made it a bit easier.

My ONLY gripe this year is that the person I bought SS gifts for kinda blew me off but what's more disappointing is they also did the same thing to 'Batman' last year, one of the rules is to post pictures and explain what you got, so they should at least have the courtesy of a picture.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

So - I messed up about that invoice, bummer. I am however glad you dug the haul. There is a bit of a story: I mailed this to you a while ago but messed up the street number. The Post Office listed it as Delivered and I was pissed that for like three weeks you didn't even acknowledge the package arriving then BAM without notice it arrived back to me. I was so bummed. Happy ending though right?

I asked my friend at Blood Music to tell me the one Moonsorrow album that he'd say is must own and he told me this one. I loved the box - totally essential. You like black metal? Then you have to own Strange Brew on some format. Shut Up & Sing and the Jone LP were the clues - I produced Shut Up & Sing and my latest film is about Miss SJ. I don't want to come off as a narcissist but figured since you dug docs that I'd share a bit of my work. Plus that Christmas album is rad and tis the season.

Glad you dug it. Let me know if you like Rook - that's the Sumatra roast, my favorite.

I opened mine.

My santa was thefavoriteplay. He let me know multiple times that he was from Charleston so that really helped me narrow it down.

VC definitely out does itself every year. Santa apologized for not including more when I was already floored with the bounty. Little notes on every item gave a real personal touch along with the letter. Blah Blah Blah. The part everyone wants is below.

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo2_400.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo3_400.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo4_540.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo5_400.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo6_400.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo7_540.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo8_400.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo9_400.jpg

tumblr_nzsinzulmd1rqkspdo10_540.jpg

Hell yeah! Monster Music!

My ONLY gripe this year is that the person I bought SS gifts for kinda blew me off

Same.  The work it takes to post a photo, your thoughts, and a thank you is a very, very small fraction of the work Santas put into their gifts.

Thank you Mike and Lauren for the work they put into SS. You both keep the magic alive, even with all the Grinches.

Thank you again, Billy. I'm glad you were my Santa.

Merry Christmas, buttmunchers.

received the 2nd of two packages today. will update with picture but got:

a sweet mighty ducks hoodie (#44 fulton reed -- one of my fave movies)

some miscellaneous candy, including a beef jerky chocolate bar

a handful of cds i will check out 

three LPs:

taking back sunday - tayf (need to check out color and see if its one i don't have)

aaron west and the roaring 20s - we don't have eachother

masked intruder

based on the disney themed wrapping paper, i'm assuming my SS was Steve Mooscemi. if so, thanks a ton. everything is perfect. 

You are correct sir! Sorry it took forever for me to send these out. While the perks of working at a magical place are awesome, the hours....well yeah, it made it quite difficult to get to the post office.  im glad you enjoyed everything, I hope the TAYF variant is one you did not have yet. I attempted to do my homework and believe I got you one that you didnt have.

And yes I figured by the wrapping paper and coffee mug you would be able to figure out who it was.

Happy Holidays sir!